The Student Room Group

Clearing advice?

So I've decided I want to go to university very late. Ive gone through clearing I did my ucas application and phoned the university I wanted to go to. They told me that there was spaces on the course but through what I've researched I expected to be asked questions about my grades. I was asked my clearing number and he told me that he couldn't see my application online so I told him I hadn't made one because I was informed I needed to call first to be offered a place before adding it to track. He told me to just add it to track and I would be contacted as soon as possible. To me this doesn't seem correct due to the research I've done. I added it to track as I was told but I didn't hear anything back so will ring on Monday and explain this situation. Can any body give me advice on this?
Original post by Kljee
So I've decided I want to go to university very late. Ive gone through clearing I did my ucas application and phoned the university I wanted to go to. They told me that there was spaces on the course but through what I've researched I expected to be asked questions about my grades. I was asked my clearing number and he told me that he couldn't see my application online so I told him I hadn't made one because I was informed I needed to call first to be offered a place before adding it to track. He told me to just add it to track and I would be contacted as soon as possible. To me this doesn't seem correct due to the research I've done. I added it to track as I was told but I didn't hear anything back so will ring on Monday and explain this situation. Can any body give me advice on this?

You mean they want you to add them before you call them?

That doesn't seem right, I've called quite a few unis up and you're supposed to do it before you add it, you only apply through clearing when you have a verbal offer (also, when you try to add a course via clearing, the first thing it asks you is if you have a verbal offer)

Call them up again and try again - if they say the same thing again then explain that UCAS has advised you get a verbal offer before applying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending