The Student Room Group

I always seem to lose weight dammit

20 years old, 66kg currently. Don't know my height but I'm possibly 6ft. Barely any body fat now I miss it. Highest I've ever gotten was when I dropped gym, then became 72kg. Lowest was 63kg and the reason was a bad regimen whilst at gym.

Honestly, this is a confusing thing to me. Give me a couple months and I'll gain 2 kg possibly, but 3 weeks and I'll drop that. Truth be told, I've adopted fasting sometimes during the week but not very often and it could be related to it but I've been losing weight before I've fasted weekly. Any tips beside force feeding myself to eat more? My mother blames my compulsive need to always do a physically challenging or sometimes mentally challenging activity. Apparently this has been happening since I turned 7. Help me people before I turn into a straw.
Do you ever listen to your body? Do you eat when you are hungry? Three square meals a day + the occasional snack / treat should keep you going through the day and exercise. There is no need to overthink it. Just three square meals a day i.e. cereal, sandwich and a packet of crisps + fruit, then a good hot meal at night. Easy peasy.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by ByEeek
Do you ever listen to your body? Do you eat when you are hungry? Three square meals a day + the occasional snack / treat should keep you going through the day and exercise. There is no need to overthink it. Just three square meals a day i.e. cereal, sandwich and a packet of crisps + fruit, then a good hot meal at night. Easy peasy.

Good luck!

Should've added this onto the original post, I eat quite a lot. Usually not three average meals, more like 1 meal, then a bunch of mini meals till next meal, then a bunch of mini meals and that's my day. Lots and lots of water if I'm out and about. Pasta, tuna, pancakes, I love cereal, pastries rule, etc. I'm obviously dropping because I'm burning more than I eat, my main question is how do I eat more than I burn without excessive eating. You know wot, I'll leave it. My dad was 60kg when he was 20 so I guess it's not so bad. I am still agile and play sports so I think i'm okey dokey.

Original post by Carthaginian
1 word: steroids.

Yes.
if you want to weigh more you need to eat more, it's pretty simple

write down everything you eat/drink for a week and work out how many calories you're consuming, a normal guy would need 2500 so if you're very active you should have 3000+ cals a day really

if you're averaging 3500cals a day then see a doctor about your weight loss, if you're not then eat more calories
Just eat three balanced meals a day with a few snacks and you should be okay. If you want to gain weight, eat a lot of protein.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can you not understand and accept calorie deficit= weight loss and calorie surplus= weight gain?
What is hard about that?
Original post by Rohan187
You know wot, I'll leave it. My dad was 60kg when he was 20 so I guess it's not so bad. I am still agile and play sports so I think i'm okey dokey.

Yes.

I think you have nailed it. Why go looking for a problem that doesn't exist. If you are eating, you aren't hungry and don't have any health issues then it sounds like you are perfectly healthy. Some people just don't put on weight! Be thankful. Most do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending