The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nah.
Really good looking girls can seem unapproachable. Maybe that's just me...
pretty girl obviously :/
Reply 4
not imo
jackwhatton
Really good looking girls can seem unapproachable. Maybe that's just me...

some are but for the most part thier still people, however when iw as younge yes i went for the plainer ones instead of the more attractive ones as i didnt think i had a hope in hell
Reply 6
I have actually seen this happen in clubs - men going for the 'second best' or 'third best' in a group of girls! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Now that's a shame for us pretty girls out there. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Cadre_Of_Storms
some are but for the most part thier still people, however when iw as younge yes i went for the plainer ones instead of the more attractive ones as i didnt think i had a hope in hell

agreed, i think when people are younger and less confident, good looking people can seem unnapproachable.

but if a guy is confident (or drunk), they tend to go for the best they can. Aim for the moon, even if you miss you'll land above the stars (translation: aim for the hotties; then when they reject you, no worries, their bearded friends will look like baywatch lifegaurds after a few beers).
grace
agreed, i think when people are younger and less confident, good looking people can seem unnapproachable.

but if a guy is confident (or drunk), they tend to go for the best they can. Aim for the moon, even if you miss you'll land above the stars (translation: aim for the hotties; then when they reject you, no worries, their bearded friends will look like baywatch lifegaurds after a few beers).

hahahahaha :biggrin:
Reply 10
I always go for the pretty girls and then after rejection (its a no lose situation) I just go for 2nd best.
I'd be equally worried about rejection. So, no, no difference.
This just works out with guys as well, some girls go for a "plain looking" guy because they think a better looking person won't think that girl is good enough for them.

Me? I always aim high. Why not? I deserve it!
Reply 13
Right you are!
Reply 14
The way I see it, you've got pretty much the same chance of being rejected by anybody, since it depends on how the person asking you out likes you, not how pretty she is. Of course, there is a slightly higher chance of a better looking girl turning you down because she's used to having the best since she's likely to have dated good looking guys, but I don't think its a huge difference.
Reply 15
I honestly think that there are different types of 'pretty' out there, and some types will get more attention than others.

There's the type of pretty that could be described as 'cute' - the girls that might be total bitches, but look really sweet and like nice people.

Then there's intimidating 'pretty' - the type of girl that has a stronger face, usually piercing eyes and is probably going to be described as 'sexy' or 'hot'. Doesn't matter how nice she is, she generally looks like she'd laugh at you for even trying.

Most guys would go up to the first, as opposed to the second. More fool them.

grace

Agreed. Its less obvious as you get older.
Reply 16
*Katie*
I honestly think that there are different types of 'pretty' out there, and some types will get more attention than others.

There's the type of pretty that could be described as 'cute' - the girls that might be total bitches, but look really sweet and like nice people.

Then there's intimidating 'pretty' - the type of girl that has a stronger face, usually piercing eyes and is probably going to be described as 'sexy' or 'hot'. Doesn't matter how nice she is, she generally looks like she'd laugh at you for even trying.

Most guys would go up to the first, as opposed to the second. More fool them.

Agreed. Its less obvious as you get older.

I have been told this. :p:

But honestly that's not fair!

I too agree that with age it becomes less obvious.
Reply 17
No offense, but to me this whole thread seems a bit self-indulgent.

But, of course, it's true - "intimidatingly beautiful" girls are really unlucky. Life just isn't fair on them.
Reply 18
i was thinking the same think jelkin....

...it reminds me of a really unnattractive girl i used to go to school with. she had bucked teeth and looked like a stick insect, but she had a really really unpleasant personality to go along with her ugly looks.

She used to always say 'i don't have a boyfriend because men are intimidated by my beauty'.

People are probably going to see this as pretentious but I don't usually base who I ask out purely on their appearance. Obviously there are some things, for example if a girl looks like they've been tango'd I wouldn't go near them, equally if they look like a crackwhore I wouldn't bother. Genuinely though before asking someone out I prefer to get to know them at least a little bit so I know what they're like, I don't usually approach people in a club environment.

Latest

Trending

Trending