The Student Room Group

Economics help

Scroll to see replies

we as a school did behavioural economics during june-july when we finished our as exams. And labour market is a seperate playlist which i havnt properly gone over it but will within next two days

Original post by kas9
So you've essentially covered all the new A-Level micro content like labour market, behavioural economics etc?
Reply 101
Original post by zainyyyyy
we as a school did behavioural economics during june-july when we finished our as exams. And labour market is a seperate playlist which i havnt properly gone over it but will within next two days

Sounds good.
Econplusdal all the way
Original post by kas9
Sounds good.
Econplusdal all the way

I'm going to learn a2 micro too! but econplusdal doesn't have behavioural micro thing your talking about..
Reply 103
Original post by Jane122
I'm going to learn a2 micro too! but econplusdal doesn't have behavioural micro thing your talking about..

Using your textbook should be enough really, it's not too complex. Try searching any terms you don't understand, like choice architecture for example, in google or youtube.
Original post by kas9
Using your textbook should be enough really, it's not too complex. Try searching any terms you don't understand, like choice architecture for example, in google or youtube.

ARE u doing all of micro like me? And what resoures are u ushing?
Definitely get the Hodder revision guide id you're doing economics edexcel..
Hi guys,
I've been asked to do some research on companies that did well during recession. I also have to draw and use supply and demand diagrams to explain why they've done well.
I don't understand how your meant to use the diagrams ?!
Thank you
I'm doing AS
Original post by nisha.sri
Hi guys,
I've been asked to do some research on companies that did well during recession. I also have to draw and use supply and demand diagrams to explain why they've done well.
I don't understand how your meant to use the diagrams ?!

Thank you
I'm doing AS

Try companies which have luxury goods maybe oil or luxury cars possibly which have in elastic demand. You could do food producers possibly which do cheap or low quality food as people will want to buy more cheap things. McDonald's may be good?? Pound land??

Try that. Basically find if their revenues increased during those times and if they did then show a rightward shift in demand, possibly explain inferior goods and negative YED concept. Or you could find companies which I mentioned above which have cut costs during recession, leading to rightward shift In supply! Easier to do first thing though. Good luck :smile: ask if u need help or pm me!
Original post by azizadil1998
Try companies which have luxury goods maybe oil or luxury cars possibly which have in elastic demand. You could do food producers possibly which do cheap or low quality food as people will want to buy more cheap things. McDonald's may be good?? Pound land??

Try that. Basically find if their revenues increased during those times and if they did then show a rightward shift in demand, possibly explain inferior goods and negative YED concept. Or you could find companies which I mentioned above which have cut costs during recession, leading to rightward shift In supply! Easier to do first thing though. Good luck :smile: ask if u need help or pm me!

Ah thank you very much for your help 😌 I'll try it out and then I'll tell u how I've got on. Sure thanks
i did behavioural economics @ school
Original post by Jane122
Reply 110
Original post by Jane122
ARE u doing all of micro like me? And what resoures are u ushing?

i'm doing a mix really. micro should not take too long to learn so that'll be ongoing. Macro though i will be going on the classes pace, then once micro is learnt, i will carry on with macro i think.
I'm using econplusdal, both aqa textbooks, the specification,tutor2u and economicsonline.
Original post by kas9
i'm doing a mix really. micro should not take too long to learn so that'll be ongoing. Macro though i will be going on the classes pace, then once micro is learnt, i will carry on with macro i think.
I'm using econplusdal, both aqa textbooks, the specification,tutor2u and economicsonline.

a2 macro is not so difficult as its just developing on things you learned in as such as depreciation of currency, you learn about why that may not be good for some countries in the short run/overall. A2 micro is a bit tougher as u need to know specifics and a bit more detailed theory of market structures and firms/consumers which people can easily forget under pressure in an exam!
Reply 112
Hi.
I am an undergraduate student majoring in economics, and I am stuck on this homework question.
I hope someone can help me out with this one.

A monopoly has two types of customers and is able to charge them the same two-part tariff.
It knows that Type 1’s demand is Q1 = a1 bp, and Type 2’s is Q2 = a2 bp, where a2 > a1. Derive
expressions for the optimal unit price p and fixed fee T, assuming the monopoly has constant marginal costs
m and that it is optimal to sell
a) to both types;
b) only to Type 2.
im only in a2 but I'm sure thats pretty much solving equations. Don't think much economics go into that question at all. Consider a1 to = x and a2 to equal a1+x and try and do simultaneous equations perhaps?
Original post by jinhp93
Hi.
I am an undergraduate student majoring in economics, and I am stuck on this homework question.
I hope someone can help me out with this one.

A monopoly has two types of customers and is able to charge them the same two-part tariff.
It knows that Type 1’s demand is Q1 = a1 bp, and Type 2’s is Q2 = a2 bp, where a2 > a1. Derive
expressions for the optimal unit price p and fixed fee T, assuming the monopoly has constant marginal costs
m and that it is optimal to sell
a) to both types;
b) only to Type 2.
Original post by kas9
I'm using econplusdal, both aqatextbooks, the specification,tutor2u and economicsonline.

When will you have finished macro?x
Reply 115
Original post by Jane122
When will you have finished macro?x

I'm not really sure since we're learning macro from the bare beginning. I'd say December or January maybe.
Original post by kas9
I'm not really sure since we're learning macro from the bare beginning. I'd say December or January maybe.

why from the beginning\?
Reply 117
Original post by Jane122
why from the beginning\?

Mainly because we didn't get taught macro very well last year, due to our teacher unexpectedly falling ill, resulting in substitute teachers. However macro from AS is needed in A2, with added bits. Both overlap, so it's one really.
Original post by kas9
Mainly because we didn't get taught macro very well last year, due to our teacher unexpectedly falling ill, resulting in substitute teachers. However macro from AS is needed in A2, with added bits. Both overlap, so it's one really.

ohhh thats so bad!! did he come back in the end or?
Reply 119
Original post by Jane122
ohhh thats so bad!! did he come back in the end or?

He's still not back to this day unfortunately. We currently have a Law teacher who is "qualified" to teach economics, attempting to teach us, it really sucks haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending