help please Watch

asox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've just started lower sixth (I started nearly 2 weeks ago) and I'm really disliking Religious Studies...

My subjects are RS, Bio, English, Latin

I'm interested in doing law or english lit at oxbridge/durham
(I got 9A*s, 2As in GCSES)

If I were to completely drop RS and just do 3 A levels would this effect my chances of getting onto either a law or english lit course at a top uni?

Thankss
Unlucki
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I've just started college too and I'm looking to study Computer Science at Oxford. On their FAQs it says that 3 A-Levels are sufficient, here's the link if you want to read the full thing: https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/a...RlB4Y3lpLW0%3D
asox
Rep:
?
anyone?
PurpleSquid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
is it not too late to switch from RS to another subject? i mean, surely term has just started so you wouldn't need to catch up on much
if you're considering english lit or law at uni then maybe something like history would be beneficial
asox
Rep:
?
(Original post by PurpleSquid)
is it not too late to switch from RS to another subject? i mean, surely term has just started so you wouldn't need to catch up on much
if you're considering english lit or law at uni then maybe something like history would be beneficial
I really didn't enjoy history at GCSE and I don't know what else I would take...
PurpleSquid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by asox)
I really didn't enjoy history at GCSE and I don't know what else I would take...
maths maybe? i dunno, i think it'll be beneficial for you to stick with 4 AS levels - not only because of the university application advantage (as I imagine most students will have 3 A levels + 1 AS at least) but also because it might help you figure out what you really enjoy? your GCSE grades are great so it's not like you're not capable of doing well!
Pinkberry_y
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Email your unis ASAP to double check, don't go by what's said here.
Also like others have said its not too late to change subjects, have you tried philosophy instead of RE?
username2834970
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you have Government & Politics offered in your college? It's a difficult course, but it might help you with law.

Sociology is also good, and is relatively easy imho. At least so far, I've only had Sixth Form for a week lol.

What do you dislike about RS?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (33)
13.87%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.18%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.83%

Watched Threads