Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Should I Resit these?

ReputationRep:
    X .

if you need better grades and resits will fix what you need it to fix, then resit them. Make sure its more than hope for better grades.
    Check they arent pejudiced against resits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    if you need better grades and resits will fox what you need it to fis then resit them. Make sure its more than hope for better grades.
    Check they arent pejudiced against resits.
    sure thanks

please explain this >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    I achieved the following:

Arabic- A*
    RS- A*
    Maths- A
    Chem- A
    Eng Lit- A
    Geog- A
    Spanish- B
    Biology- B
    Eng Lang- C
    Physics- C
    Drama- C (waiting for remark, was 1 from a B)

I'm not pleased with these tbh, the get to where I want i need better, should I resit Eng Lang, Biology and MAYBE Physics and Spanish? and hope for better grades?

Does it cost for resists and how much?
    No - focus on your A levels. Unis don't like GCSE resits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    No - focus on your A levels. Unis don't like GCSE resits.
    Really? I heard some tutors whispering 'it shows dedication to achieve well and hard work', but I guess it wouldn't apply to some unis.

Either way! If you're unhappy with your results, and you think that the right thing to do is to resit, then go ahead with it. It's your choice.

ReputationRep:
    AnnaRainbows Muttley79 swear that applies to a-levels? unis hate alevel resits. people say they dont care about gcse resists.

ReputationRep:
    AnnaRainbows Muttley79 swear that applies to a-levels? unis hate alevel resits. people say they dont care about gcse resists.
    It depends I guess only way to find out is to email the unis; everything is changing so quick nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Unis don't like GCSE resits and the time it takes will mean you can't get as good A level grades.

Unis like to see all exams taken at the same time - it shows you can work at the required level over a number of subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I achieved the following:

Arabic- A*
    RS- A*
    Maths- A
    Chem- A
    Eng Lit- A
    Geog- A
    Spanish- B
    Biology- B
    Eng Lang- C
    Physics- C
    Drama- C (waiting for remark, was 1 from a B)

I'm not pleased with these tbh, the get to where I want i need better, should I resit Eng Lang, Biology and MAYBE Physics and Spanish? and hope for better grades?

Does it cost for resists and how much?
    If you want to do them at Alevel but your sixth form isn't letting you then yes, otherwise there is very little point as GCSEs aren't that important besides getting a B at Spanish is really good so maybe not worth it for atleast that. As universities do look at maths and English language GCSEs I'd say retake that but you'd have to pay for it as dos pass it
    You didn't do badly at all so be proud of them and work harder at Alevel !

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight2000)
    If you want to do them at Alevel but your sixth form isn't letting you then yes, otherwise there is very little point as GCSEs aren't that important besides getting a B at Spanish is really good so maybe not worth it for atleast that. As universities do look at maths and English language GCSEs I'd say retake that but you'd have to pay for it as dos pass it
    You didn't do badly at all so be proud of them and work harder at Alevel !
    thank you! its just my school requires an A in gcse to study it at a-level so it really stresses me out thinking that im not so smart anymore

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    If you're seriously considering medicine you would have to retake biology. Without an A at GCSE biology you cannot study A level biology (according to your post above). Without Biology a level you cannot apply to medicine

Someone in this thread said universities don't like resits - I'm not so sure about that, maybe ask a teacher.

ReputationRep:
    They're right.Liverpool and Edinburgh and Southampton and Sheffield definitely not consider resit applicant for Gcse\Alevel .There are other med schools that do not consider resit applicants so you'll just have to research it your self.

ReputationRep:
    thank you! its just my school requires an A in gcse to study it at a-level so it really stresses me out thinking that im not so smart anymore
    Do you got to a grammar school?
    I really do t like that requirement as it doesn't let people improve. I mean I got a c in bio and I'm still doing it a level because our school allows that. It is actually so good they do because that C was because of the ridiculously high teaching standards set by our teacher ( he wanted us to get an A but never actually helped us with exam technique so very few actually got an A or higher, most Cs and bs in my class)

ReputationRep:
    Consider resitting English language

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.