Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applying for a part-time job at tesco (flexible contract?) Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've just started year 12 and I'm looking to apply for a part time job at tesco. I have a few questions on what their flexible contract actually means...
    Say the job stated working midday Friday and Saturday mornings, does it mean I could change my hours to Tuesday nights (for example) instead of Friday? Or does it just mean they can throw hours on me, and would they do it during school term time? I'm a bit confused with all this. Also would it be too much coupled with A-levels (job descriptions say 13 or 15 hours). Any help / experiences would be appreciated, thanks X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophxxs)
    So I've just started year 12 and I'm looking to apply for a part time job at tesco. I have a few questions on what their flexible contract actually means...
    Say the job stated working midday Friday and Saturday mornings, does it mean I could change my hours to Tuesday nights (for example) instead of Friday? Or does it just mean they can throw hours on me, and would they do it during school term time? I'm a bit confused with all this. Also would it be too much coupled with A-levels (job descriptions say 13 or 15 hours). Any help / experiences would be appreciated, thanks X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    when i started working with a flexible contract then what it meant was that I worked 5 hours every saturday but they would tell me which 5 hours i would be working and it would be different each saturday, but i always knew that i would only work saturdays and it would only be for 5 hours. not saying this would be exactly the same of course as this is a different company but it is my experience of working 'flexible' hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.