New School, No Friends

ReputationRep:
    I just feel so alone.

UPDATE: I just want to thank you all for the supportive messages. Well I am happy to say that I have a small group of friends who makes me laugh. Thank you guys x

ReputationRep:
    If I was put in your situation, i'd have no idea what to do too.
    I guess you can ask people "wanna hang out?", but that would seem kinda desperate.
    How about you meet with who have no one else to hang out with and ask them?

TL;DR: Stop being a beta and just talk to people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by change06)
    I just feel so alone.
    Tbh I think everyone has been in this position at some. Point I was for a year once. Don't worry tho just smile at people say hi and b friendly, it won't be much longer till you've found urself ur new BFF

ReputationRep:
    I just feel so alone.
    You have no friends?.
    So what?.
    Who needs friends ?( I am not joking).

Friends won't get you far in life.
    Good grades WILL.
    So my advice to you is forget about friends, and study like crazy all day and night and weekends, don't go out , just study.
    Also don't do drugs,alcohol or smoke.
    Eat well and exercise.
    That will get you far in life, not friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robertpiktos)
    You have no friends?.
    So what?.

Good grades WILL.
    So my advice to you is forget about friends, and study like crazy all day and night and weekends, don't go out , just study.
    Eat well and exercise.
    Do you want this person to be an outcast to society?
    Of course they need friends. Be a friendly person OP, be positive and kind.

ReputationRep:
    I just feel so alone.
    put yourself about a bit ... at school or not we never make friends unless u try to meet ppl halfway with. effort op.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carthaginian)

No , I want him to succeed in life.
    Who said we need friends?. Seriously?.
    I am not joking here.

It's good grades who will get us far in life not friends.

ReputationRep:
    I am not joking here.

Trust me, get good grades and be an outcast to society, that won't help you.
    When you want to get a job, you have to be nice and friendly to your employer, not an anti social freak, they'll just turn you down. Friends will help and motivate you, they'll also help you out when in trouble, etc. The ycan also help you find jobs too, which contributes to being SUCCESSFUL.

Without friends, you'd be lonely.

Wait, you're probably a reptillian!

I just feel so alone.
    Hey, dw about it, you'll find some friends at some point! I'm home schooled - I see some friends once (sometimes twice) a week; others, only a few times a year. I always used to think I was a total loner, with not enough friends etc. But now I've figured out that, even if I were at school, I'd probably only have a few friends, bc I'm the sort of person who prefers a few, close friends to many, distant friends. But honestly, I'm sure there are other ppl who probably feel insecure about not having any/enough friend; just break that barrier and go talk to them. I'm sure you'll manage to get a few (even one can suffice) friend(s). gl from your friend on TSR

ReputationRep:
    If I was put in your situation, i'd have no idea what to do too.
    I guess you can ask people "wanna hang out?", but that would seem kinda desperate.
    How about you meet with who have no one else to hang out with and ask them?

TL;DR: Stop being a beta and just talk to people.
    I have tried looking for people alone like me but literally no one is alone! I assumed there may be a few like me but there is literally no one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophhhowa)
    Tbh I think everyone has been in this position at some. Point I was for a year once. Don't worry tho just smile at people say hi and b friendly, it won't be much longer till you've found urself ur new BFF
    I hope so

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, get good grades and be an outcast to society, that won't help you.
    When you want to get a job, you have to be nice and friendly to your employer, not an anti social freak, they'll just turn you down. Friends will help and motivate you, they'll also help you out when in trouble, etc. The ycan also help you find jobs too, which contributes to being SUCCESSFUL.

Without friends, you'd be lonely.

Wait, you're probably a reptillian!
    No, i,m not a reptillian I am just realiatic.
    I think that the most important thing in life is to have good grades and then find a good job.

And you can always have your family so you will not be lonely.

ReputationRep:
    I have tried looking for people alone like me but literally no one is alone! I assumed there may be a few like me but there is literally no one.
    Oh well, RIP.
    You either make friends, or die trying.
    Are you a guy or girl btw?

The replies you've received thus far have been useless. I'll be a bit more responsive and hopefully simce I speak from experience my reply will be useful.

I'm now in A2, similarly to you I moved from a secondary school to a sixth form grammar school. In the first few weeks I spent much of my time alone, but I started talking to another pupil who moved from my old school to my new one. For the rest of the year I hung about with him, I haven't made friends with anyone in my year.

The pupils at my school have established friendship groups as old as 6 years, making it hard for new pupils to make friends. Out of the 9 people who moved to this school for A Levels, 5 hang about mostly alone. I always see them stood alone waiting outside class, though occasionally they have company.

Soon you will find one person with whom you may hang about during school. When my friend isn't in I spend break and lunch in the common room doing work. My friend does different subjects so during class I speak to no one. I'm happy to just get on with school work. Maybe you aren't. But not all schools are like mine, pupils at your school might be more open. Just know you aren't alone, others experience this, know also that AS Levels will go by fast, i just hope A2 Levels go faster so i can leave this school.

Has this repsonse been useless?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, you know what?
    here's my method, only works if you're a guy:
    Go up to a shady looking person and say: "can you sell me a stash?"
    There, you've got a friend.

ReputationRep:
    You have no friends?.
    So what?.

Good grades WILL.
    Eat well and exercise.
    Of course grades are important. But there is more to life then just grades. You need friends too. Friends are those who you can rely on, who are always there. You share memories, become a better person. Heck, they make you a better person. What if after working so hard and succeeding you are alone with no one? Who will you share your success with? Just having someone in your life is comforting, and it is the same for them. Thank you for you're response, I appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    I understand from their perspective, but I agree with you. Everyone needs a friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolaClime Student)
    put yourself about a bit ... at school or not we never make friends unless u try to meet ppl halfway with. effort op.
    I have. In class I introduce myself first. I encourage them to speak too. But it all goes it waste.

ReputationRep:
    I am not joking here.

I'm a her haha, and that really does mean a lot. But isn't it nice to have someone?

ReputationRep:
    No, i,m not a reptillian I am just realiatic.
    I think that the most important thing in life is to have good grades and then find a good job.

And you can always have your family so you will not be lonely.
    I can't always communicate well with my family. With friends you can speak more openly because they can understand more.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.