The Student Room Group

New School, No Friends

Scroll to see replies

I should make a sequel to this thread entitled "old school, no friends"

In all seriousness OP, you are in one of the easiest situations to make friends. Being new means everyone is curious about you so talk to people and before you know it, you'll make friends.
Original post by daniella.14
Do you recommend I avoid those people as much as possible? TBH I sit next to one of them in my science lessons and I always do better than her in tests but if I avoid her I have no one else. Also, I walk with one of them to school and she claims to be my 'friend' but then acts differently when she sees other members of her group (she pretends like we are not friends). She always puts her friendship group first (like sometimes she texts me saying she isn't going to walk with me cuz her other friends want to walk with her) but then sometimes she texts me for us to meet at someplace and I say no cuz I want to revise.

naa, u cant completely avoid them forever, talk to them but get like your own friends group, even if you have one friend, make he/she your best friend, someone you can have complete trust in and someone with a similar personality type as u. nothing wrong with still talking to your old friends, but realise they arent for you and you need friends who are better than them. from what youve mentioned in this post and previous posts, it seems that you are doing much better without them and they have just become a distraction in your life.
Original post by theweirdo
hey :h: it took me about 2 years to meet my first good friend. Just be friendly and be yourself and I am sure you'll find a friend soon. I know it's not nice to feel alone at all... but I guess you've just got to be patient. Don't worry, we've all been there! :u:

have you tried talking to the people at your new school?

When you met your first good friend, how did you know he/she was a true friend? Cuz Ive met someone who turned out to be fake and never stood up for me when other people in the group were all against me?She would always side with them even when they were wrong. She is nice and friendly when it is just as two but when she sees the rest of the group members, she acts like we are not friends.
Original post by mariam687
naa, u cant completely avoid them forever, talk to them but get like your own friends group, even if you have one friend, make he/she your best friend, someone you can have complete trust in and someone with a similar personality type as u. nothing wrong with still talking to your old friends, but realise they arent for you and you need friends who are better than them. from what youve mentioned in this post and previous posts, it seems that you are doing much better without them and they have just become a distraction in your life.

Im currently in Year 11 and it seems like all the other groups are not very open to new people. Do you think it is too late as we are in Year 11?
Original post by Anonymous
Im currently in Year 11 and it seems like all the other groups are not very open to new people. Do you think it is too late as we are in Year 11?

hmm, i think its not too late :smile:
Guys, I too shifted from an Indian school to a British one and it's been two months. I still have no friends and I am nice to everyone, never rude, always, good in studies, then why does no one wanna be bff's with me??...I still do not have a proper friend to hang out with in break and lunch period!...I don't even feel like going to school anymore...Help!!
Honestly I know how you feel I’ve moved schools 6 times in the past few years from different countries and at the moment I have moved to a new Scottish school in s4, honestly the first few weeks were miserable because I felt like such an outsider in the group that was showing me around , however I seemed to really get along with these girls I met in one of my lessons and I asked them if i could sit with their group , they were so kind about it and now I sit with that group everyday , although being new is really tough and some people are unwelcoming , you might just have to put yourself out there, I know it’s easier said than done but at least you know you tried, sometimes you just need to allow yourself to become vulnerable and express ur feelings, nice people will respondHope this helps!!
It is good. You have small group of friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending