The Student Room Group

If God exists, then who created HIM? HE DOESN'T EXIST!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by jane matthews
I didn't say that god was always there, of course we all know the universe exists.
Your argument irrational because you are saying it was "just always there by itself"

My argument is not that god always existed or where he came from that's irrelevant.

But to argue say that existence can " just be there by itself" is not rational because it things can't just magically appear can they? I'm simply stating the fact that Pure atheism is proven impossible because 0=0 so existence can't just appear out of nowhere and things can't magically be there by themselves.

So im just showing you how total atheism is impossible it just doesn't add up which is why people might as well believe in god because it can make a justification for itself whereas the atheism argument is proven false

I have a theory to propose - Lets imagine an object placed on a table. if you walked past that object you would realise something had placed that object there, otherwise it is irrational for the object to simply appear. Same concept with the universe, it is irrational for it to just appear, rather something must have placed it there.
Reply 861
The thing you say is clear about not knowing the answer is not a good reason for assuming the supernatural is wrong because we have the answer.
0=0 therefore existence cannot appear out of non existence. so the origin point cannot be 0

Therefore if the origin point is not 0 then how can it have got their it can't have because 0=0 and nothing can just magically be there all along.

Therefore the supernatural is the most rational feasible solution to an otherwise impossible equation
So you are saying that:
A) it is impossible for something to have always existed, and
B) It is impossible to create something from nothing.

Notwithstanding the fact that these two assertions are not axiomatic, where does this leave your claim that:
A) something has always existed, and
B) Something was created from nothing?

With all due respect, you may want to re-think your position.
I'm not talking about a god your just bringing that in because your atheistic beliefs don't add up. I never said I believed in god or didn't I am just showing you that the mathematical physical evidence shows that atheism is false.

if you believe existence can't come from non-existence 0=0. So atheists think it's always been there magically by itself. But since things can't "just be there magically by themselves" atheism falls apart under this logic religions don't tho because they can believe in deviations from this

The problem appears to be that you want atheists to defend a position you say they hold, but which they actually don't hold.

There is no mathematical physical evidence. There is no such thing.

If you believe atheism to be false, by the way, it means that you yourself must believe that gods exist.
Original post by QE2
So you are saying that:

Notwithstanding the fact that these two assertions are not axiomatic, where does this leave your claim that:

No I'm not saying that I'm saying that's what atheists believe which doesn't add up.

With all due respect you might want to rethink your position, rather than assuming that you are all rational and mathematical and rational to not believe in god then when your argument is proven untrue you can't accept it.
Original post by QE2

You know as well as I do that a re-think implies there had been a think.
Reply 865
I didn't say that god was always there, of course we all know the universe exists.
Your argument irrational because you are saying it was "just always there by itself"

My argument is not that god always existed or where he came from that's irrelevant.

But to argue say that existence can " just be there by itself" is not rational because it things can't just magically appear can they? I'm simply stating the fact that Pure atheism is proven impossible because 0=0 so existence can't just appear out of nowhere and things can't magically be there by themselves.

So im just showing you how total atheism is impossible it just doesn't add up which is why people might as well believe in god because it can make a justification for itself whereas the atheism argument is proven false
It doesn't add up to you because you clearly don't understand either what atheism is, or current thinking in cosmology and quantum mechanics.
What's more, you claim that because you can't understand how something could have occured by natural means, you will assume that it must have happened by supernatural means - despite there being absolutely zero evidence of the supernatural and 100% evidence of the natural.
*smh*
Original post by Good bloke
The problem appears to be that you want atheists to defend a position you say they hold, but which they actually don't hold.

There is no mathematical physical evidence. There is no such thing.

If you believe atheism to be false, by the way, it means that you yourself must believe that gods exist.

No it doesn't at all because it would depend on how you would define what "god" is if your talking about believing that things can't just magically appear then yes I believe that.

But believing in atheism is about as rational as believing that a reindeer is going to magically appear in your garage for "because it just did" is not a scientific explaination for anything
Reply 867
I'm not talking about a god your just bringing that in because your atheistic beliefs don't add up. I never said I believed in god or didn't I am just showing you that the mathematical physical evidence shows that atheism is false.

if you believe existence can't come from non-existence 0=0. So atheists think it's always been there magically by itself. But since things can't "just be there magically by themselves" atheism falls apart under this logic religions don't tho because they can believe in deviations from this
Ah, but 0+1=1, therefore atheism wins!
Therefore atheism is stupidity, the belief that something can just appear from nothing, which is against the whole point of atheism.

Atheism is the lack of belief in a god - nothing more. It does not say that the Universe came from nothing, or take a view on anything else. Some Atheists may well have those views though.

Can you prove that something cannot come from nothing? Clue: It's a bit like proving any negative, e.g. that a god doesn't exist!
Original post by QE2
Ah, but 0+1=1, therefore atheism wins!

No it doesn't because you can't get the 1 can't just magically appear by itself can it unless you think things can magically appear in which case your an atheism who believes in magic
Common sense if there is nothing absolute 0 and nothing else then it will stay as 0.

Common sense simply doesn't work in many areas of physics, e.g. quantum physics. Physics obviously does work.

It is illogical to try to apply 'common sense' (i.e. your experience on Earth) to the beginning of the Universe or similar questions.
Reply 871
Original post by pis
I have a theory to propose - Lets imagine an object placed on a table. if you walked past that object you would realise something had placed that object there, otherwise it is irrational for the object to simply appear. Same concept with the universe, it is irrational for it to just appear, rather something must have placed it there.
No one is claiming that the universe "just appeared" - apart from religionists who claim that god made it appear from nothing.
So try again.

But you've stated that a belief in a "God" is superior to atheism (How is this God defined as by the way). I don't follow how atheism is false, what proof do you have for this God you talk about?

I don't think you understand what Atheism is, others have already pointed this out to you, have a reread -

Original post by QE2
No it doesn't!
Atheism takes no position on the origin of the universe. It is simply a lack of belief in the gods of religion. That is all. You will find atheists with a wide range of opinions on the origin of the universe, from quantum fluctuation, through bang/crunch and multiverse, to computer model, to no opinion at all.

The reality is that we don't know, and there is nothing wrong with saying this, while continuing to look for answers
One thing is very clear though, not knowing the answer is not a good reason for assumong the supernatural and not looking any further.

I myself don't believe the universe came from nothing. So could you answer my question please, it seems you don't know (abit like those atheists you speak of).

What did this god create the universe from? Was it something or nothing? If the former, what did he create that something out of, was it nothing (like you claim atheists fallaciously believe)? But "existent can't come from non existence", so what was the universe made of, was the universe always there (eternal)? Or do you not know?

It's okay to say you don't know, I don't either.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RogerOxon
Common sense simply doesn't work in many areas of physics, e.g. quantum physics. Physics obviously does work.

It is illogical to try to apply 'common sense' (i.e. your experience on Earth) to the beginning of the Universe or similar questions.

"Common sense" aka basic maths does work but if you want to believe things can magically appear then somehow try and justify with made up physics which is not physically impossible then good 4 u
Conveniently missing the point. Atheism thinks it was magically there all along by itself. Which is scientifically impossible because things can't just magically be there. If you start with 0 then it would always be 0 i.e no existence.

Again, Atheism is *only* the lack of believe in a god - which is not the same as saying that a god does not exist. It takes no position on anything else. It's fine, and honest, to say that we don't know.

Since there is not 0 i.e. there is existence it have "just always been there" for no cause altogether because then that's not atheism and certainly not physics and maths because how did it get there. "oh it was just there all along" is even less rational than belief in god.

That's your judgement, not logic.

God may be unproven but Atheism is proven to be false by it's own logic.

No, it isn't. Do you believe in invisible unicorns too?

Either you believe that existence was there all along i.e. 0 not the origin piont- this is not true atheism as you can call this origin point which is not 0 whatever you want e.g. God

Why do you find God always having existed a better explanation than the, non-supernatural, Universe always having existed? (I don't believe either at the moment)

therefore to be an atheist you must believe things magically appear by themselves which is not scientific or mathematical at all because 0=0

Look-up the definition of atheist, please.
"Common sense" aka basic maths does work but if you want to believe things can magically appear then somehow try and justify with made up physics which is not physically impossible then good 4 u

Do you have any acquaintance at all with quantum physics?

Please learn the difference between maths and physics.

What is 1 + (-1)?

I'm not making a claim about how the Universe came into being - you are. Prove it.
Original post by Emperor Trajan
But you've stated that a belief in a "God" is superior to atheism (How is this God defined as by the way). I don't follow how atheism is false, what proof do you have for this God you talk about?

I don't think you understand what Atheism is, others have already pointed this out to you, have a reread -

I myself am don't believe the universe came from nothing. So could you answer my question please, it seems you don't know (abit like those atheists you speak of).

Whatt did this god create the universe from? Was it something or nothing? If the former, what did he create that something out of, was it nothing (like you claim atheists fallaciously believe)? But "existent can't come from non existence", so what was the universe made of, or do you not know?

It's okay to say you don't know, I don't either.

If you "don't know" then what's how can you know that atheism is true. That's like saying "errm I don't know what water is made but I definitely don't believe in oxygen" got any proof atheism is the truth NO but you believe it anyway
Reply 878
Original post by QE2
So you are saying that:

You have misinterpretated my post. I am not stating that it is impossible to create something from nothing. Placing my argument in context. if a watch is placed on a table, it is axiomatic that it was created by a watch maker. Apply this principle to the universe or anything else, then your misundertanding will hopefully be clarified.
Original post by QE2
It doesn't add up to you because you clearly don't understand either what atheism is, or current thinking in cosmology and quantum mechanics.
What's more, you claim that because you can't understand how something could have occured by natural means, you will assume that it must have happened by supernatural means - despite there being absolutely zero evidence of the supernatural and 100% evidence of the natural.
*smh*

No what are you defining as the natural and supernatural then if you think that saying "oh it was just there by itself" is 100% evidence that atheism is true then your an idiot. Stop pretending you've got any science to back up atheism because there isn't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending