who is everyone going to open their student bank account with?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
sneezyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
or are with already?

i think i'm going to go with natwest.
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
mines with abbey national (not the usual choice I know) but its been good enough for my needs. Theres a decent interest rate when you're in credit, i like their internet banking and the visa debit card is hugely useful as opposed to some of the crappy cards other baks will give out to students.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by emom100)
mines with abbey national (not the usual choice I know) but its been good enough for my needs. Theres a decent interest rate when you're in credit, i like their internet banking and the visa debit card is hugely useful as opposed to some of the crappy cards other baks will give out to students.
Mine too.
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mine's with HSBC. I was going to change, but since they changed it automatically to a student account when I turned 18, I didn't bother.
Ste2k4
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
With Natwest so will probabaly stay with them. even if i wasn't they seem like one of the best! :cool:
babyballerina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am with HSBC but that's going to change! They have been a NIGHTMARE about getting me a new Visa card. It took them a month to issue me with a new one after I reported the old one stolen (I was pickpocketed on holiday). They also once sent me a bill for £8.50 for a bank service which I had never used. When i phoned their call centre I spoke to someone who could barely speak english and offered to sell me a loan for the £8.50. I think I am going to change to Natwest or Barclays.
sneezyme
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Ste2k4)
With Natwest so will probabaly stay with them. even if i wasn't they seem like one of the best! :cool:
the 5-year railcard is a really attractive option, but don't worry i checked out the other important details as well
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

HSBC told me my credit rating wasn't good enough so i will reapply once i know whether or not i am going to uni.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sneezyme)
or are with already?

i think i'm going to go with natwest.
I'm with Barclays but I'm thinking about changing to Natwest.
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i recently saw a Natwest advert offering a free 5 year railcard and a £1250 overdraft in the first year with their student accounts. try this site for more info
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i've set up mine with natwest already
got my card and everything
just need to get some piccies done and then i can send off for my rail card- yay!
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Quiksilver)
i recently saw a Natwest advert offering a free 5 year railcard and a £1250 overdraft in the first year with their student accounts. try this site for more info
Bless you, thanks!
Pencil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Woolwich. I've had an account with them since I was really young. They're a good bank and I see no reason to change.
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
i've set up mine with natwest already
got my card and everything
just need to get some piccies done and then i can send off for my rail card- yay!
are you already at uni then? i thought you needed an unconditional offer to apply for the account (ie when results come out) :confused:
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Bless you, thanks!
thanks for the blessing
please help me get rid of the grey gem
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
thanks for the blessing
please help me get rid of the grey gem
I don't think I can give out rep now, how did you get a grey gem?
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I don't think I can give out rep now, how did you get a grey gem?
im participating in the "3 days and 3 nights" challenge - someone neg repped me :confused:
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im participating in the "3 days and 3 nights" challenge - someone neg repped me :confused:
Er I won't comment on the thread...but you didn't deserve neg rep, if that makes you feel any better.
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
are you starting uni this september?
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Gnostic)
I'm going to open mine with HSBC, Abbey, and NatWest next month.
cool i didnt realise you're allowed more than one (multiple overdrafts :confused: )
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (76)
18.67%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (82)
20.15%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (77)
18.92%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (89)
21.87%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
10.07%
I haven't started researching yet (42)
10.32%

Watched Threads