Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

who is everyone going to open their student bank account with? watch

ReputationRep:
    or are with already?

i think i'm going to go with natwest.

ReputationRep:
    mines with abbey national (not the usual choice I know) but its been good enough for my needs. Theres a decent interest rate when you're in credit, i like their internet banking and the visa debit card is hugely useful as opposed to some of the crappy cards other baks will give out to students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    mines with abbey national (not the usual choice I know) but its been good enough for my needs. Theres a decent interest rate when you're in credit, i like their internet banking and the visa debit card is hugely useful as opposed to some of the crappy cards other baks will give out to students.
    Mine too.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's with HSBC. I was going to change, but since they changed it automatically to a student account when I turned 18, I didn't bother.

ReputationRep:
    With Natwest so will probabaly stay with them. even if i wasn't they seem like one of the best! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I am with HSBC but that's going to change! They have been a NIGHTMARE about getting me a new Visa card. It took them a month to issue me with a new one after I reported the old one stolen (I was pickpocketed on holiday). They also once sent me a bill for £8.50 for a bank service which I had never used. When i phoned their call centre I spoke to someone who could barely speak english and offered to sell me a loan for the £8.50. I think I am going to change to Natwest or Barclays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ste2k4)
    With Natwest so will probabaly stay with them. even if i wasn't they seem like one of the best! :cool:
    the 5-year railcard is a really attractive option, but don't worry i checked out the other important details as well

ReputationRep:

HSBC told me my credit rating wasn't good enough so i will reapply once i know whether or not i am going to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    or are with already?

i think i'm going to go with natwest.
    I'm with Barclays but I'm thinking about changing to Natwest.

ReputationRep:
    i recently saw a Natwest advert offering a free 5 year railcard and a £1250 overdraft in the first year with their student accounts. try this site for more info

ReputationRep:
    i've set up mine with natwest already
    got my card and everything
    just need to get some piccies done and then i can send off for my rail card- yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    i recently saw a Natwest advert offering a free 5 year railcard and a £1250 overdraft in the first year with their student accounts. try this site for more info
    Bless you, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    The Woolwich. I've had an account with them since I was really young. They're a good bank and I see no reason to change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    i've set up mine with natwest already
    got my card and everything
    just need to get some piccies done and then i can send off for my rail card- yay!
    are you already at uni then? i thought you needed an unconditional offer to apply for the account (ie when results come out) :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Bless you, thanks!
    thanks for the blessing
    please help me get rid of the grey gem

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the blessing
    please help me get rid of the grey gem
    I don't think I can give out rep now, how did you get a grey gem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I don't think I can give out rep now, how did you get a grey gem?
    im participating in the "3 days and 3 nights" challenge - someone neg repped me :confused:

ReputationRep:
    im participating in the "3 days and 3 nights" challenge - someone neg repped me :confused:
    Er I won't comment on the thread...but you didn't deserve neg rep, if that makes you feel any better.

ReputationRep:
    are you starting uni this september?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Gnostic)
    I'm going to open mine with HSBC, Abbey, and NatWest next month.
    cool i didnt realise you're allowed more than one (multiple overdrafts :confused: )

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.