Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can people please advise me the best place or website to get ghd's from.
    I know ebay is probably cheapest but I dont want to use ebay when buying something for this amount of money.

please advise!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    try usiong kelkoo or another price comparison site.

ReputationRep:
    you can get them from www.lookfantastic.com, that's supposed to be good, a few of my friends used there. i got mine from www.missgroovy.co.uk a few years ago, i think they still sell them!

I got mine from the internet (cant remember the website bt when i can, i'll post the name).

Personally, i found the internet way cheaper than hairdressers who personally charge too much!!!

EDIT: www.hqhair.com - its where i got my GHD's from

ReputationRep:
    asos.com
    use one of the 10% discount codes that are always floating round, google for one

ReputationRep:
    bought mine straight from the site, but ebay is probably the cheapest (really nothing to worry about - my dad bought a car there once)

ReputationRep:
    I bought mine from Ebay too. I wouldnt worry too much, as long as you pay by Paypal you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise not getting GHD's my mum has had 2 sets that have broken one almost electricuting her and I know other people have had problems with theirs too. I have babyliss 230s and they're wonderful, I've had as good if not better results than GHDs. I'd thoroughly reccommend them.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reply's. anyone know any more cheap places??
    thnks

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have any experience of the new series 4 ghds?
    Plates more suited to curling and stuff
    Automatic turn off after 15minutes as safety feature to stop you leaving them on (i could do with this!)
    And a few other improvements..

Anyone used them?
    I had normal ghds for 3 years and they gave me no problems whatsoever until i dropped them on a marble floor on holidfay!
    Wondering whether the new ghds are worth 100quid or whether to look for another brand
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest just buying them from the site... you might save maybe a tenner buying them somewhere else, but from the site, at least you know what you're going to get...
    I bought mine from Amazon because I know that they're really reliable...when my friend got a pair for her bday a while ago, though, (bought from the site) they came with all sorts of things like a bag, hair clips and stuff... I didn't get these when I bought mine, and neither did loads of my friends who bought theirs from other websites...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClareR)
    Anybody have any experience of the new series 4 ghds?
    Plates more suited to curling and stuff
    Automatic turn off after 15minutes as safety feature to stop you leaving them on (i could do with this!)
    And a few other improvements..

Anyone used them?
    I had normal ghds for 3 years and they gave me no problems whatsoever until i dropped them on a marble floor on holidfay!
    Wondering whether the new ghds are worth 100quid or whether to look for another brand
    thanx
    I wanna know this as well, I have my eye on the 4s. I really do need some new, good straighteners and although ghd's are great I want to make sure it's a good investment and I wouldn't have been better off buying a cheaper pair which do basically the same!

ReputationRep:
    I have the new ghds, had them 4 a while now-pretty much since they came out. They r really good! The function where they turn themselves off is really useful too. The only other straightners I've had experience with are a pair of rubbish cheap ones which didn't do much and took ages to heat up. My ghds take seconds to heat up and when their ready there's a light that switches off and it makes a little beeping sound(duno if any of the others do this but its good) and their really easy and quick to use and require little effort. I'd def recomend them. Are they worth £100? I don't think any straightners are but if you can afford it ther're def the way 2 go.

I got them from a salon, although u have to shop around coz the first ones I went to tried to majorly rip me off + I was NOT having any of that! I hear you can get em bout £10 cheaper on amazon tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelle05)
    can people please advise me the best place or website to get ghd's from.
    I know ebay is probably cheapest but I dont want to use ebay when buying something for this amount of money.

please advise!

thanks
    I usually order my GHD's through my hairdresser who uses the same pair, so I know they are good value for money. See if your hairdresser could help you with this as well.

ReputationRep:
    Got my mk 4's today!

was going to order them online but because im gonig away for a few days i wanted some to take with me. 120 in the shops but i traded in my old broken ones and got £20 off.
    Nice.
    They look coool havnt had a chance to use them yet..

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ehaircare.co.uk/index.htm
    i got the cream bag when it first came out and it was by far the cheapest. only 117.95....
    they also have the summer bag for 134.95 (wish I had waited for this-shame they dont sell it seperately!!)
    and 99.95 just for the straighteners with a free heat resistant mat!!
    so I think tis teh cheapest, I used it and although the site dont look perfect I got mine fine and was no problems at all.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.compareghds.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    i have babyliss 230's are the moment... is it worth getting some ghds? thatst he question going through my head at the moment

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.