Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, considering applying to manchester and sheffield med school with a ukcat score of 1900/2700 and average of 633. which one do i have a better chance of getting into as I'm choosing between the two? my other choices so far are liverpool, uea and st georges are these likely to interview me given my ukcat score? thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k8trees)
    hi, considering applying to manchester and sheffield med school with a ukcat score of 1900/2700 and average of 633. which one do i have a better chance of getting into as I'm choosing between the two? my other choices so far are liverpool, uea and st georges are these likely to interview me given my ukcat score? thank you!!!
    I think the UKCAT threshold thing for this year is 1850/2700 for Sheffield! Not too sure about Manchester but Sheffield also look at meeting required entry grades/ predictions if that helps at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelscity)
    I think the UKCAT threshold thing for this year is 1850/2700 for Sheffield! Not too sure about Manchester but Sheffield also look at meeting required entry grades/ predictions if that helps at all!
    the scores are then ranked after everyone who meets this cut off, will mine be competitive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k8trees)
    the scores are then ranked after everyone who meets this cut off, will mine be competitive?
    If you meet the cut off, I think they'll look at other factors like grades rather than more of the UKCAT tbh but yeah I think it should be okay- I'd check out Manchester and their cut off as well as I'm not too sure whether they're nicer or harsher etc

ReputationRep:
    Definitely stay away from Manchester. Your score is well below the cut off they've had over the last 6 years.

Unfortunately, Sheffield also would be unlikely to interview you as they rank all the candidates by UKCAT score from highest to lowest and give the top UKCAT scoring candidates interviews.

Your UKCAT just isn't competitive enough for those two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAhm)
    Definitely stay away from Manchester. Your score is well below the cut off they've had over the last 6 years.

Unfortunately, Sheffield also would be unlikely to interview you as they rank all the candidates by UKCAT score from highest to lowest and give the top UKCAT scoring candidates interviews.

Your UKCAT just isn't competitive enough for those two
    I've now narrowed it down to liverpool, uea, st georges, aberdeen and hyms - are these good choices?

ReputationRep:
    I think you could get an interview at Sheffield as long as you've got a good personal statement

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.