Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've just moved in and there are 4 people out of 8 here at the moment all boys btw. Not that I have anything against guys but they all seem to be introverts and not the going out type. Whereas if this were a girl I would be able to talk to her as I'm a guy but clearly that's not the case. I want to go out but not alone as I've never actually been before. This is my first year and I'm hoping to go out as much as I can. University introduction week (freshers week) begins on Monday so maybe I'll find some people then. But what would I do if I want to go out now?

Thanks
    Kolia
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Just ask them if they want to go out. If they say no, just find people on your course to hang out with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Just ask them if they want to go out. If they say no, just find people on your course to hang out with.
    Bruh, where tf do i find other people to hang out with? Uni hasn't even started... :/
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mikkolia)
    Bruh, where tf do i find other people to hang out with? Uni hasn't even started... :/
    Meet people during freshers week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Meet people during freshers week
    Lmao ik that but what can I do before freshers week?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Chill out at home? Freshers week starts tomorrow, surely you can wait until then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Chill out at home? Freshers week starts tomorrow, surely you can wait until then
    Lmao just eager

ReputationRep:
    So I've just moved in and there are 4 people out of 8 here at the moment all boys btw. Not that I have anything against guys but they all seem to be introverts and not the going out type. Whereas if this were a girl I would be able to talk to her as I'm a guy but clearly that's not the case. I want to go out but not alone as I've never actually been before. This is my first year and I'm hoping to go out as much as I can. University introduction week (freshers week) begins on Monday so maybe I'll find some people then. But what would I do if I want to go out now?

Thanks
    Kolia
    You need to ask them if they want to go out, you can't presume that they don't. They might be shy for the first few days. If not, go to next doors flat, if they seem a little more lit and go out with them, if you flatmates aren't down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley Williams)
    You need to ask them if they want to go out, you can't presume that they don't. They might be shy for the first few days. If not, go to next doors flat, if they seem a little more lit and go out with them, if you flatmates aren't down.
    Ayy, I was just thinking that as well... Thanks

ReputationRep:
    just go talk to them... if they don't wanna go out then go to another flat and knock and introduce yourself or post on your halls FB page to see if anyone's around

tbh freshers is intense enough with drinking/spending money that you probably don't need to rush to get started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    just go talk to them... if they don't wanna go out then go to another flat and knock and introduce yourself or post on your halls FB page to see if anyone's around

tbh freshers is intense enough with drinking/spending money that you probably don't need to rush to get started
    Ok, cool.

Thanks
    Kolia

ReputationRep:
    Open front door.
    Step outside.
    Close front door.
    Go down pub.
    Talk to people.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.