Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I cannot take Biology and Chemistry due to too few students signing up for said courses. Any advice is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adkos13213)
    I cannot take Biology and Chemistry due to too few students signing up for said courses. Any advice is appreciated.
    Further maths, Computer science. Tbh anything depending on what you want to do at university

ReputationRep:
    Definitely further maths. Computer science is a very natural fit. Physicists often end up going into economics so you could think about that. It sucks that you can't do biology or chemistry though if that's what you want to do. Are there any other sixth forms you can go to?

ReputationRep:
    I would look into taking bio/chem elsewhere.

Are you planning to go to university? If so, what subject are you thinking of doing?

I took Maths, Physics and French. I did a Maths degree. It can be a good idea to take a language or humanity as it rounds out your subjects and also keeps doors open. If you want to do Physics or Maths at university your third subject can be whatever so just take something you enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkyvirus)
    I would look into taking bio/chem elsewhere.

Are you planning to go to university? If so, what subject are you thinking of doing?

I took Maths, Physics and French. I did a Maths degree. It can be a good idea to take a language or humanity as it rounds out your subjects and also keeps doors open. If you want to do Physics or Maths at university your third subject can be whatever so just take something you enjoy.
    I want to do Maths or Physics at university. So I think I might take Business studies or economics. For my fourth maybe I will look into IT as I got an A overall for computing at GCSE. However my school is not offering Computing at A-level so IT might be the way.

Although since you talk of humanities which would go best, geography maybe?

ReputationRep:
    A language

ReputationRep:
    Geography i think is a good idea, will develop your essay writing skills

ReputationRep:
    further maths or maybe ICT? i picked sociology along side maths and physics instead but only because i enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    Too few students signing up to Chemistry? It is usually the either the most popular or second most popular AS subject in my old sixth form college. Perhaps go somewhere else if this is what you are interested in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    A language
    Not taking a language again at my school because the teachers leave every single term. For year 11 I had 4 different teachers and 2 had very very poor English.

Thanks for your suggestion though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    Too few students signing up to Chemistry? It is usually the either the most popular or second most popular AS subject in my old sixth form college. Perhaps go somewhere else if this is what you are interested in?
    Majority of people at my school are taking IT, Law and Psychology. The sciences at my school at very unpopular this year :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delvine)
    Geography i think is a good idea, will develop your essay writing skills
    Yeah I think it will be a good idea as it can tie in closely with the sciences

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking maths physics FM and economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.