Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im about to go into my first year and am moving into halls. However i am planning on going home at weekends for a number of reasons including medical. I have an eating disorder, my doc oringinaly told me to take a year out, however as an appeassement so to speak, my doc abd family have agreed its best for ne to come home (so my family can still keep watch on me and ensure some good quality meals) we also are planning on making meal plans together during thistime. I dont enjoy partying or drinking, in fact it causes me high levels of distress so being away at weekends would mean im away from that. Id still go to society events that dont include drinking during the week. Has anyone else gone home at weekends for similar reasons or other and found it ok?
    Ps, im very disciplined with myself wjen it comes to work so ill be able to work on the train and at home
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by maryling1997)
    Im about to go into my first year and am moving into halls. However i am planning on going home at weekends for a number of reasons including medical. I have an eating disorder, my doc oringinaly told me to take a year out, however as an appeassement so to speak, my doc abd family have agreed its best for ne to come home (so my family can still keep watch on me and ensure some good quality meals) we also are planning on making meal plans together during thistime. I dont enjoy partying or drinking, in fact it causes me high levels of distress so being away at weekends would mean im away from that. Id still go to society events that dont include drinking during the week. Has anyone else gone home at weekends for similar reasons or other and found it ok?
    Ps, im very disciplined with myself wjen it comes to work so ill be able to work on the train and at home
    Going home every weekend is quite expensive and do you feel confident you'll be okay the other 5 days? At uni people would be drinking any night of the week so it wont mean you'll be able to get away from it all the time I m afraid. Have you mentioned your ED to you uni yet so if you need support there? Also not transferring your medical care to where you will be most the week has it's risks, do you plan on going home if you need doctors appointments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Going home every weekend is quite expensive and do you feel confident you'll be okay the other 5 days? At uni people would be drinking any night of the week so it wont mean you'll be able to get away from it all the time I m afraid. Have you mentioned your ED to you uni yet so if you need support there? Also not transferring your medical care to where you will be most the week has it's risks, do you plan on going home if you need doctors appointments?
    It isnt that expensive and i am good at budgeting, my parents taught me from a young age, im good at not getting tempeted to buy things, so that shouldnt be an issue. I will transfer my medical care, and if i do get worse i can always go home and just commute

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.