What do you do if you're sick in public? Watch

neriine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TeddyBear86)
It depends if the situation is serious or not if its due to dodgy food then stay at home

Access to HE in Social Work

BSc Health and Social Care - pending
OP has said already that's not what they're talking about. This is about being caught short in a public place with a serious illness, not throwing up once or twice at home.
username861942
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a terrible vomiting phobia and last night I had an awful thought: what if I got sick far away from home with no way to get home without using public transport? What if no one was willing to help me? I'd be far too embarrassed to use public transport if I was really ill, since it wouldn't be nice at all for the other people there, and I obviously wouldn't be able to walk all the way home.

Would it be acceptable to go to hospital in this case? Just somewhere where I can go to deal with the illness before I'm well enough to travel home? I'm attempted to tackle my phobia by thinking about what I would actually DO if these terrible scenarios occurred rather than just worrying about them happening in the first place.

Would also help if people could reassure me that I'm being ridiculous, I need to be told how unlikely this is. Especially since I'm not pregnant and I don't drink.
I have quite bad emetophobia. I've had a number of treatments including medication and therapy. EMDR is a type of therapy that can be helpful with phobias - maybe have a look at that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
JENIFER77777
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ALL THE TIME? I think not. As to the lady in the train. Maybe she shouldnt be Drunk. If I was the conductor I would have thrown her off.
Sophie1566
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That’s exactly what happens to me I’m only on this thread because I’m out of options I have uni interviews coming up and I’m not worried about the interviews I’m worried about the fact I’m going to feel sick like I know I’m going to get to the interview fine and then all of a sudden I will think I feel sick and then completely freak out it’s happens all the time I can’t go to a GP or talk to anyone because no one really understands i don’t know why this has started happening to me I have a good diet I don’t drink I’m just not sure what to do anymore
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (348)
60.1%
Yes- I don't like it (31)
5.35%
No- I want it (159)
27.46%
No- I don't want it (41)
7.08%

Watched Threads