The Student Room Group

are there any students from biomedical science from bedfordshire uni?

I just want to how many exam do you normally have and what dates do they take place? I'm planning on re sitting some of a level modules and worried that they might end up on the same day. what if you can't attend them, are there any other dates that you can do them?
Timetables will vary year on year depending on a number of factors. At this point don't worry and let your exams office know of any clashes as soon as you have your timetables.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Timetables will vary year on year depending on a number of factors. At this point don't worry and let your exams office know of any clashes as soon as you have your timetables.

do you go to bedfordshire
Hi pkg7

Exam dates and times cannot be changed, they are set dates as would be the same for any official exams. If you don't attend them you will be graded a fail which would then affect your year grade and could potentially stop you from progressing onto the next year.

Kind Regards

University of Bedfordshire
Hi 👋🏻 I'm a final year biomed student at beds. We have four units per year (two subjects within each uni). You have to write reports regurlarly for all three years. We have Mcq exams at the end of year 1. Written exams in year two and three. I would probably advise you not to come to beds. All the best lecturers have left and we only have lectures two days a week and one lab session. There are no job opportunities, no hcpc registration. They've added the choice of placements but only a two or three people have been able to get them so far.
Reply 5
Hey, I'm a final year Biomedical Science student at Beds. If you want to apply then feel free to apply. The whole department is expanding as they are adding new courses such as pharmacy studies and other life science course. Also they are will be building a new STEM building meaning more Lab for students. You have the opportunity to volunteer for the lab through out your time here and you can even help out with the third year project. The lecturers are very nice and friendly and are always willing you help (even outside of lectures) as long as you ask. Lecturers are always updating as of available job opportunities, placement opportunities and other opportunities. However it is always up to the individual to try and look for it and to apply for it. The course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science, so you can register with them. We don't have HCPC registration but the staff member as always willing to help you find out more information as to where you can get your HCPC registration done and any other advice. I have applied for a job which is completely different to what typical Biomed students apply, but the staff members have been very supportive and encouraging of my choice and have helped me with my application. In my opinion I say that this university will try its absolute best you get you what you need to get that job at the end of the three years as long as you work for it and put the effort in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending