Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Left foot feeling uncomfortable in every pair of shoes I wear Watch

ReputationRep:
    I sprained my hip and 2 months ago causing a functional leg lengh discrepancy.
    This when I felt my foot rolling on the ground awkwardly I feel like the foot is being rotated anticlockwise from the ankle. What should I do about this?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by hateme)
    This when I felt my foot rolling on the ground awkwardly I feel like the foot is being rotated anticlockwise from the ankle. What should I do about this?
    Go see a doctor

ReputationRep:
    Look into; first, over the counter insoles like those from Superfeet, if they don't work, talk to a GP about prescription orthotics.

If there's a leg length discrepancy that you can't quite balance out then you need some external help. A friend of mine has one leg about an inch and a half shorter than the other and has a small insert he puts into whatever shoes he's wearing and that sorts him out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Look into; first, over the counter insoles like those from Superfeet, if they don't work, talk to a GP about prescription orthotics.

If there's a leg length discrepancy that you can't quite balance out then you need some external help. A friend of mine has one leg about an inch and a half shorter than the other and has a small insert he puts into whatever shoes he's wearing and that sorts him out.
    Leg discrepancy is finw now, I was just saying it made my feet not roll on the ground correctly back then
    Should see the doctor tbh

ReputationRep:
    Slap it back into shape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Slap it back into shape
    Do you mean by doing mobility exercises or massaging?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean by doing mobility exercises or massaging?
    Try massaging first, rubbing some Vicks vaporub on it, then carry out the mobility exercises and see if that is of any help

ReputationRep:
    I think if you go and see your GP first, he will be able to point you in the right direction for your local Podiatrist, or whichever health professional he thinks you need to be referred to. He might say there is a long waiting time to be seen, but that you can pay privately to be seen more quickly. An initial consultation with them might only cost £25 or something.

ReputationRep:
    Leg discrepancy is finw now, I was just saying it made my feet not roll on the ground correctly back then
    Should see the doctor tbh
    Ah, fair enough.

The way you'd written it made it sound like you still had it.
    Yeah, that sounds your best course of action.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.