Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello everyone, I am a eu student. I was looking forward to start uni this year.
    I have already enrolled in my course and had an accomodation too. As I couldn't afford to pay everything alone, my dad told me he would help with the accomodation fees and other things I would need. I really don't trust him as it not the first time he made promises for then breaking them, but he seem honest this time. My lease date for accomodation was on the 10th and I have to pay the first rent next month. I told my dad if he could give me some money and he kept telling me to wait . After a few days , as the lease date was coming near, I didn't hear anything from him. And with the fear that I could start uni , then couldn't pay my accomdation, risking to have my lease terminated. I cancelled my accomodation and ask for the uni if they could defer my entry to next year . BUt now I have regretted it , I really don't won't to start uni next year , plus I don't know where to stay now. My dad still hasn't give me any money. . Can I ask for my room back after it have been cancelled ? And will I still be able to start my course(as they haven't still reply to my email about defering my entry)?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.