Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I really really want to study law at uni. I have chosen the universities I want to study at,, the only problem now is getting my confidence up. I'm worried that because I'm a BTEC student I will not do as well as my a level counterparts. I'm currently in year 13 at sixth form, studying for a BTEC diploma in business (worth 2 a levels) and Btec subsidiary in applied law. I managed to get distinction stars for both subjects but I'm still worried the jump from BTEC to degree will be very steep. I am willing to work hard at uni and make sure I do required reading etc. But I'm worried it just won't be enough and I'm not smart enough.
    I am aware some universities will look down at BTEC qualifications and this is reflected in my 5 UCAS choices.
    University of Birmingham
    Brunel university London
    Northumbria university
    City university
    West of England

Are there any current law students who have studied btec level 3 at sixth form?? Please give me some advice!!

ReputationRep:
    You're in the correct mindset and shouldn't be worried. If you hit the ground running and do the reading that is required you will be fine!
    I did a level 3 BTEC in public service... that is it and I was fine!
    Don't panic.
    (Study at university of Liverpool)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.