Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I got 11 A*s and 2 As at GCSE.
    Predicted 5 A*S for A-level.
    My UKCAT score was 2180, average of 727.
    However my SJT was only Band 3.
    I was going to apply to Barts but I'm not sure if they will look at the SJT band too much ( I have asked in numerous Barts threads already)?
    Would I be better off applying to UEA or somewhere like that which doesn't look at SJT as much? Or will I be ok to go for Barts?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    can you please tell me what you got in VR and how you approach the qs... do you identify keywords in a q then skim the text?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    can you please tell me what you got in VR and how you approach the qs... do you identify keywords in a q then skim the text?
    I got 820 in VR - and yeah I did exactly that - don't read the text it takes too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 07cdominic)
    I got 820 in VR - and yeah I did exactly that - don't read the text it takes too long.
    in a q in VR they have options 1 2 3 4, would you work through 1 2 3 4 to identify which is correct or jump straight to say option 2 as option 1 is likely to be a time waster, or did you look at the best response of 1 2 3 4 and start on that one? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Great Ukcat score btw. I'm not entirely sure how Barts looks at SJT, but if you've asked in numerous threads already and are still wondering, it might be worth to call them up and ask how much emphasis they put on SJT. :-))))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marsbar3007)
    Great Ukcat score btw. I'm not entirely sure how Barts looks at SJT, but if you've asked in numerous threads already and are still wondering, it might be worth to call them up and ask how much emphasis they put on SJT. :-))))
    Thanks, I will

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.