Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a .psd file that is getting this error message "Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document."This is the first time this has happened on my Ps, CS6...and I've looked elsewhere to get some help.And I was just working on this file a while ago, so I'm not sure what went wrong.It is located on one of my USB Flash Drives, and I have heard that certain USBs tend to cause these things....yet this is the first its happened. How to do recovery for photoshop?

I have a .psd file that is getting this errormessage "Could not complete your request because it is not a validPhotoshop document."
    This is the first time this has happened on my Ps, CS6...and I've lookedelsewhere to get some help.

And I was just working on this file a while ago, so I'm not sure what wentwrong.
    It is located on one of my USB Flash Drives, and I have heard that certain USBstend to cause these things....yet this is the first its happened. How to do recoveryfor photoshop?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If the file has become corrupt there's not much you can do. You can try file repairing utilities but it's unlikely you'll have much luck.

Check that the file you are working on is indeed a valid photoshop file. Make sure you didn't accidentally change the .psd extension or example.

Check if it opens in other applications, or try other versions of photoshop. May be an issue with your photoshop, not the file.

This is why you never work off a single copy. Make backups of/version control your files and don't work off copies you need to keep. Make working copies. Where possible work off internal media. Working off a USB is just asking for trouble when someone accidentally removes it, it breaks, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your feedback. I'll try to do all that you advised.

ReputationRep:
    If you will need to get the psd repair software unless you haven't the psd file backed up at different location. For this you can use a psd repair software as Photoshop Recovery Toolbox. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/photoshop_recovery.html
    This will help you. http://file-repair.blogspot.ru/2012/...plete-you.html

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your advice! I'm appreciative for your responses and help.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.