Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I get two academic or professional referees (I'm 16) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been shortlisted for next job but I don't know how I can get 2 academic referees or professional it's a part time job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westhamfan40)
    I have been shortlisted for next job but I don't know how I can get 2 academic referees or professional it's a part time job
    Ask your teachers for a reference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    Ask your teachers for a reference
    I've left school about 3 4 months ago now in college but I don't my teachers well here. Are you not allowed to have your family members who work give you a reference
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I've left school about 3 4 months ago now in college but I don't my teachers well here. Are you not allowed to have your family members who work give you a reference
    I don't think you'd be able to get references from family but you could your employer.

Could you go back to your old school to ask some teachers for a reference? Or could you email them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I don't think you'd be able to get references from family but you could your employer.

Could you go back to your old school to ask some teachers for a reference? Or could you email them?
    I think it would be strange for me to just go back and ask I'm probaly just gonna ask my current college teachers and also this is my first job I've only just left school I'm just doing this as a part time

ReputationRep:
    Definitely ask your school you was from 11-16

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's not at all strange to ask previous teachers. It's somewhat expected because they'll be the only point of reference a lot of people have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    It's not at all strange to ask previous teachers. It's somewhat expected because they'll be the only point of reference a lot of people have.
    So i would just call up the school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeddyBear86)
    Definitely ask your school you was from 11-16

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do I just call them

ReputationRep:
    Just call/email the school and ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So i would just call up the school
    Call them, go in and ask directly, email them, contact them however you like. If you have email addresses for any teachers just email them directly.

Don't just randomly call or email and ask for references though. At least know who you'd want as a reference, ideally a personal tutor or teacher that knew you well. Ask to speak to them or leave a message with details on how they can contact you.

ReputationRep:
    Give them plenty of notice though. They are busy and will probably need a few days to do it for you. I doubt anyone is going to write you one there and then on the spot. People don't write references for people like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Give them plenty of notice though. They are busy and will probably need a few days to do it for you. I doubt anyone is going to write you one there and then on the spot. People don't write references for people like that.
    They only need the contact details do you think a private tutor would be fine as I used to have one

ReputationRep:
    They only need the contact details do you think a private tutor would be fine as I used to have one
    Yes, i'm sure that would be OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    I agree.
    Use your old form tutor or head of year or someone.
    Is there anyone from any clubs/societies you attend that could give you a regerence?
    You wouldnt be able to use a family member though im afraid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.