Turn on thread page Beta

NEC 2510A DVD Writer problems???????? watch

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how to get my dvd writer to copy properly, when i back up my retail dvd's they all play back with slight jumps in motion. I have tried everything under the sun to rectify this problem including changing media from datawrite to ritek. I have been told using an old IDE cable maybe the problem (which i am usiing) and buying a 80 wire UDMA IDE cable solves DVD writing issues for many people. Can anyone comment on this please?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    What burning software and what discs are you using?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    What burning software and what discs are you using?
    DVD X-Copy4.0.3.8 and datawrite red (V3) 4x DVD-R, Ritek printable4x -R

ReputationRep:
    i find that memorex dvd-r are the best blank media for playing in regular dvd players. i used to use hi-space ones but found that they often skip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    i find that memorex dvd-r are the best blank media for playing in regular dvd players. i used to use hi-space ones but found that they often skip
    The media is'nt the problem though as they still have the problem when played on pc or 2 different players

ReputationRep:
    instead of letting DVDXCOPY write the data to disc - make a disc yourself using nero or similar (the data can be found in a temp file created by DVDXCOPY)

ReputationRep:
    instead of letting DVDXCOPY write the data to disc - make a disc yourself using nero or similar (the data can be found in a temp file created by DVDXCOPY)
    Just found that one i backed up today does actually play perfect on my pc, but still jumps in places when played on jvc dvd player. Would copying it with dvd x-copy and writing with nero solve this too , du think?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starsky)
    Just found that one i backed up today does actually play perfect on my pc, but still jumps in places when played on jvc dvd player. Would copying it with dvd x-copy and writing with nero solve this too , du think?
    cheers
    i always use dvdxcopy to rip the dvd, then write it using nero - it seems to be far more stable. also, try different media as some dvd players have trouble reading particular brands of blank media :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i always use dvdxcopy to rip the dvd, then write it using nero - it seems to be far more stable. also, try different media as some dvd players have trouble reading particular brands of blank media :cool:
    Is there any particular web sites which can tell you which brands are more universal than others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starsky)
    Is there any particular web sites which can tell you which brands are more universal than others?
    i found this site - it tells you which media is most compatible with your burner

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 21, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.