Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should foundation year be written in CV? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have done foundation year in computer engineering with over 90% and I have also done first year in software engineering and I was curious if it makes sense to add the foundation year to CV?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes becayse it involves what you were doing for a year of your life. How will you explain it otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to put your completion of first year in software engineering on your CV

Your foundation degree, still counts as a qualification and your 90% means you got a distinction so yes you should put that in your CV
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Higeath)
    I have done foundation year in computer engineering with over 90% and I have also done first year in software engineering and I was curious if it makes sense to add the foundation year to CV?
    You've got to be brief, but you also have to put yourself in the best light for the reader. If they were the same course at the same university, then you could just put

2015-19 University of Wherever, BSc (Hons) Software Engineering

and leave the Foundation year hidden in the fact of a 4 year degree

However, that isn't true if you changed institution, and also, you may be able to pitch it better. Presumably, if you did a Foundation year, your school leaving grades aren't epic, but 90% at uni is a pretty outstanding grade. So a better pitch might be

2016-19 University of Wherever, BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
    2015-16 University of Wherever, Foundation Year, Computer Engineering (90%)

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.