Call of Duty Infinity or Battlefield 1? Which to buy?

ReputationRep:
    In a real dilemma here, can't decide, which one to go with.

My current position is I can't buy both as I won't have enough time to play them one after the other due to work commitments, need to buy just one.

Whilst, I love the idea of buying the remastered edition of COD, which would bring back the nostalgic memories of playing COD4, at the same time I want to try something new, which BF offers with a WW2 feel.

What do you say?

ReputationRep:
    So what you're choosing between a new game and old game, because it sounds like you don't care about infinite, just the CoD 4 remaster...

This really is a no brainer, get both, buy BF1 and Cod 4, which you could easily do for the price of IW special editions with change, and you could also effectively play IW on the cheap by buying any recent CoD for a fraction of the price.

ReputationRep:
    Alternatively get either and wait a few months, because as much as they're trying to make out that MW remastered is exclusive, it will be timed exclusive, it always is.

ReputationRep:
    BF1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So what you're choosing between a new game and old game, because it sounds like you don't care about infinite, just the CoD 4 remaster...

This really is a no brainer, get both, buy BF1 and Cod 4, which you could easily do for the price of IW special editions with change, and you could also effectively play IW on the cheap by buying any recent CoD for a fraction of the price.
    Yeah, not too bothered about the infinite guff tbh. Don't think i'd want to wait for MW to be sold exclusively when I can just pre-order it. Although, I have to admit Im not too fond of splashing £70-80 on two games, with one which I'm very unlikely to play at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    BF1

What makes you think BF1 will be any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi_Scotsman)
    BF normally is and the beta did just finish...

Yeah, not too bothered about the infinite guff tbh. Don't think i'd want to wait for MW to be sold exclusively when I can just pre-order it. Although, I have to admit Im not too fond of splashing £70-80 on two games, with one which I'm very unlikely to play at all.
    So you're considering getting a game you don't actually want?

ReputationRep:
    Played the Beta with a couple of friends. It felt different to previous Battlefields, and had a pretty decent range of environments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Played the Beta with a couple of friends. It felt different to previous Battlefields, and had a pretty decent range of environments.
    Hmm, will need to consider BF1.

The only thing that frustrates me is the servers, they can be slow and glitchy. Thats been my experience playing BF2 and BF3.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that frustrates me is the servers, they can be slow and glitchy. Thats been my experience playing BF2 and BF3.
    I didn't have any issues with lag or anything (playing through Wifi in the UK with a 30Mbps connection), but I guess that this will depend on your region. To be fair, you'd be better off looking at other fora for specific issues like that.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, will need to consider BF1.

In all my time playing battlefield, all since the first bad company bar Hardline, all network issues have been my own

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    In all my time playing battlefield, all since the first bad company bar Hardline, all network issues have been my own

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You must have been exceptionally lucky then. BF4 had an absolutely atrocious launch. Netcode issues weren't fixed for years.

ReputationRep:
    If you like team playing to objectives go for battlefield, if you just like to run and gun then COD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    You must have been exceptionally lucky then. BF4 had an absolutely atrocious launch. Netcode issues weren't fixed for years.
    They also didn't affect huge number of players too much, worst I really got was rubber banding when the game started

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    honestly get IW, battlefield is so overhyped but I'm only getting infinite warfare for cod 4 swell, also you get 2 games not just 1

Battlefield 1.

Going back to familiar territory. I haven't had the chance to play, but so far it looks excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    honestly get IW, battlefield is so overhyped but I'm only getting infinite warfare for cod 4 swell, also you get 2 games not just 1
    Thats true, but you also having to scoop out an an extra £30. Its a tough decision.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Battlefield 1.

Going back to familiar territory. I haven't had the chance to play, but so far it looks excellent.
    To be fair, I do wanna go back to the classic World War format, which is quite rare nowadays, with all this futuristic warfare. I mean we had Halo and mass effect for that genre, but COD moving into space warefare, is just beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    You're buying two games you can get for a fiver a piece and instead paying the best part of 100

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I personally prefer the Battlefield series (including hardline) over COD, so I know that I'm going that instead. If you just going to buy it for the remastered COD4, I think you'd be better off just buying BF1 and/or COD4 original and waiting to see if they release the remastered COD4 separately at some time down the line.

ReputationRep:
    BF1.

COD is repetitive, and I don't see how the franchise has advanced or improved to a point where it deserves its 60 dollar price tag. BF1 on the other hand has much better game mechanics and graphics, and at least Dice listens to the fans and gives them what they want. COD ignored public opinion and stormed on with their futuristic crap, whilst trying to salvage their product by selling a remastered game along with it. BF1 has certainly improved more, and it's historical setting certainly brings something new to the table.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.