Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Leicester and have booked to attend Newcastle University's open day this coming Saturday (the 17th). I will be travelling by train as there's nobody who can drive me, however due to distance there are no trains that leave on Saturday morning that arrive before 9:00 am (time the open day starts). This means my only option would be to leave on Friday and stay overnight, however due to cost I also cannot do this.

I'd appreciate any advice on what best to do in this situation- thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bilbomi)
    I'm from Leicester and have booked to attend Newcastle University's open day this coming Saturday (the 17th). I will be travelling by train as there's nobody who can drive me, however due to distance there are no trains that leave on Saturday morning that arrive before 9:30 am (time the open day starts). This means my only option would be to leave on Friday and stay overnight, however due to cost I also cannot do this.

You don't have to go to the open day exactly wen it starts unless you have like on of those booked subject talks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Leicester and have booked to attend Newcastle University's open day this coming Saturday (the 17th). I will be travelling by train as there's nobody who can drive me, however due to distance there are no trains that leave on Saturday morning that arrive before 9:00 am (time the open day starts). This means my only option would be to leave on Friday and stay overnight, however due to cost I also cannot do this.

If you can't get a train and can't get a Megabus then there isn't anything you can do in this situation if you need to be there for 9:30am...

Either get a hotel, or don't go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    You don't have to go to the open day exactly wen it starts unless you have like on of those booked subject talks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right, I'll check out the times for my subject then. Would I be missing anything important by arriving an hour or so late?

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, I'll check out the times for my subject then. Would I be missing anything important by arriving an hour or so late?
    I stayed in YHAs when I was doing open days... the YHA is Newcastle is shut down (used to be in Jesmond) so I'd probably stay in a backpackers...

http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed....ountry.England

ReputationRep:
    Nah not at all most of the stuff run all day so once you know what time you have and what time you have you subject talk you can plan everything else around that

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.