The Student Room Group

Second week of year eleven and I already feel like I'm dying :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by stressedaquarius
Don't listen to the people saying GCSEs are nothing compared to A levels. It's a completely different way of working, and by the time you get there, you're ready for it. They just like feeling superior.

As for how to cope: timetable timetable timetable! I wish I'd done this for GCSEs, and it's saving my life now. Part of the reason you are stressed is you don't know when you're going to do the work. Plan the next few days, working out when you'll have time slots, and fill them in with specific pieces of work (not just 'homework':wink:. You'll start to feel a lot more on top of things, I promise. It also makes it less hard to procrastinate.

Thanks for your help; I'm going to go make a revision guide now! :smile:
Reply 21
Food and tech coursework is too long.I haven't even done half of it.Anyway I don't care about it,I just sleep and enjoy in that lesson. Lol
Reply 22
Original post by epage
I did music and another coursework heavy subject and I did struggle a bit but I managed. In music, I started out at grade two piano and got my grade 3 at the end of year 10. I'm okay at reading sheet music, but there were singers in my class that had absolutely no idea how to read it. I knew the basics of theory, but that wasn't a lot. Ask your music teacher or your piano teacher (if you have one) about how to improve on your theory, thats really the best way to go about it, they will know how to help.

Coursework is tough, it can feel like you can't see the end of it but what I recommend doing is:

- Plan everything you need to finish, make to-do lists and tick each item off one by one. (I did this with my computing coursework)
- If you are allowed/are able to, stay after school to finish coursework, that's how I got all mine finished, and at break time. Once you get home you probably want to relax and are out of the mindset of schoolwork.

I didn't love computing at all, and I hated science, but I managed to do okay in the end. GCSE's aren't the be all and end all, no matter how much it may feel like that.

Also, at my school, deadlines for coursework weren't set in stone, and likely they aren't at your school either because coursework doesn't need sending off to the exam board until the spring. You may get a telling off perhaps, or a detention, but it isn't the end of the world if you don't finish, your teachers want you to do the best you can so they won't send off unfinished coursework.

Okay, thanks for your tips! :smile:
Reply 23
Oh how I miss the 'stress' at GCSE :biggrin:
I saw that you are struggling with science, I could help you with chemistry if you would like? What exam board are you on :smile:
Original post by 12smithm
So basically it doesn't matter if I fail them because I don't have to put them on my CV?

While you don't have to put them on your CV, I'm pretty sure you have to declare them on your UCAS form when you go to uni so you should still try and get the best grade possible
Reply 26
Original post by 12smithm
So basically it doesn't matter if I fail them because I don't have to put them on my CV?

Pretty much. If you plan to do A-levels it won't even get you brownie points. Try and focus on the important subjects and have fun in these ones
Just make a timetable which you must follow daily. However, it is a bit of a worry if you are already feeling stressed because of work load. Take things easy otherwise by March time (when you real revision should start) your work load and stress level will be too high which may prevent you from working to your best ability.

Concentrate more on maths English and subjects you want to study in college.
Thought it was only me who felt like this
I Have tons of coursework and homework to complete but I keep getting lazy and leave it last minute:redface:
I will hopefully try and improve by the end of next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest