Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A girl I met once at a house party mentioned she was back in town this weekend...I don't really know her but thought to shoot her a message and ask if she wanted to go for a drink. She said yes.

The plan was to go to a local bar in town but on the night (Friday) she invited me over to her place instead. It was a good night, we sat and chatted for a few hours, had a laugh, few drinks and stuck a few movies on. At the end it was quite late and she said instead of walking back at home I could just sleep on the sofa, so I did just that.

I dont think I'm completely clueless but I've never done anything like this before. I was in a long term relationship until eight months ago. I didn't really get any vibes she was interested other than her inviting me over, it being a fun night and her offering to stay (and she did make it clear I was going on the sofa). In all honesty she was a cool girl so I wouldn't mind getting to know her better anyway rather than just a fling, but I feel like either I missed something, did something wrong or there was nothing there to begin with. We've chatted briefly since, she stopped responding but has liked stuff on Facebook.

Thoughts?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    She was being nice and offered you a place to sleep for the night. It would have been wrong of you to try and make a move on her in that situation. You'd probably end up sleeping on the streets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wouldn't mind getting to know her better anyway rather than just a fling .. she stopped responding .. Thoughts?
    Probably reflects well on you, but she wanted a red blooded male. Next time, smash on it :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Crazy. I can't imagine how you didn't do the secks.

She invited you over. Her intentions were clear

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.