Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I will be applying for an MSc at Bangor University now and have seen they ask one to complete an IELTS test.
    In 2013 I already took one and the results are meeting the criteria, however, the test is only valid for 2 years. As I have been studying from 2013-2016 in Plymouth, UK and achieved a First Class Honours degree, doesn't this suffice as evidence that my English language is more than enough for the MSc? (They ask for 6.0 overall and no element below 5.5 - piece of cake...)
    I am wondering whether other people had experiences with that or whether universities normally take circumstances such as mine into account.

Merci,
    Tobi
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    The uni is best placed to advise. Have you asked them? Other people's experiences are not going to change what the uni asks for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobias87)
    Hey guys,

I will be applying for an MSc at Bangor University now and have seen they ask one to complete an IELTS test.
    In 2013 I already took one and the results are meeting the criteria, however, the test is only valid for 2 years. As I have been studying from 2013-2016 in Plymouth, UK and achieved a First Class Honours degree, doesn't this suffice as evidence that my English language is more than enough for the MSc? (They ask for 6.0 overall and no element below 5.5 - piece of cake...)
    I am wondering whether other people had experiences with that or whether universities normally take circumstances such as mine into account.

Merci,
    Tobi
    Ask them, but if you have a degree from the UK you don't need to prove the language proficiency. Check UKVI, it's stated there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.