Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What was your offer and what subjects did you do? What A level grades did you achieve? And what are you doing now?

They give out AAA offers including A in maths. I am curious if anyone got in with any lower/ knows anyone who got in with lower.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    heya!
    although the offer is AAA you might get in with AAB as long as you have Southampton as your firm choice or/and attend their informal interview(don't stress out its a casual talk with a tutor)
    Also, if you achieve A*A*A you are likely to receive a merit scholarship worth £1k tho I think for the next academic year(2017/2018) they are offering other scholarships as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sari7ta)
    heya!
    although the offer is AAA you might get in with AAB as long as you have Southampton as your firm choice or/and attend their informal interview(don't stress out its a casual talk with a tutor)
    Also, if you achieve A*A*A you are likely to receive a merit scholarship worth £1k tho I think for the next academic year(2017/2018) they are offering other scholarships as well
    Okay thank you. Why must I have Southampton as my firm choice/attend thier informal interview to get in with lower grades than my offer?

Also are you a student there, if so what degree are you doing and what a levels did you do to get in?

ReputationRep:
    I was offered AAA or A*AB, both requiring an A/A* in maths. In the end I got A*BBB and am starting a Bsc in Computer Science this year. In the interview (which is pretty chill), I was told that they generally are happy to accept you if you miss a grade, especially if it is your firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will181)
    I was offered AAA or A*AB, both requiring an A/A* in maths. In the end I got A*BBB and am starting a Bsc in Computer Science this year. In the interview (which is pretty chill), I was told that they generally are happy to accept you if you miss a grade, especially if it is your firm choice.
    In what subjects? And what GCSEs did you get?
    Thanks mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kira Yagami)
    In what subjects? And what GCSEs did you get?
    Thanks mate.
    Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics. I think I got A*, 5xA, 3xB and 2xC for GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if anyone else in your course missed their grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyslocke)
    Do you know if anyone else in your course missed their grades?
    Not yet as I haven't actually moved down there yet, and so haven't met anyone else on my course. If you would like, I could reply here in about a week when I should have met some people off of my course.

ReputationRep:
    Not yet as I haven't actually moved down there yet, and so haven't met anyone else on my course. If you would like, I could reply here in about a week when I should have met some people off of my course.
    hey, we have a group chat on FB. PM me if you'd like to join we are roughly 50 members atm

And I think there was a guy who got in with AAB

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would really appreciate if you ask some people studying computer science at Southampton about their the grades they achieved at A level and the Subjects that they did. I'm worried because I am retaking so I really need to get in next year so I am curious about how nice they can be.

You could PM if you like or just post on this thread, but please do.

ReputationRep:
    That would be great, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sari7ta)
    hey, we have a group chat on FB. PM me if you'd like to join we are roughly 50 members atm

And I think there was a guy who got in with AAB
    Hello. Thanks a lot for the response. I was wondering if you have found about any more peoples grades and the subjects in which they achieved the grades in. It would be really helpful. I am interested in the proportion of people who get accepted with lower grades than the entry requirements and people who did not get an A in maths/computing.

I retook this year and I'm not feeling to confident. I have a feeling of ABB/AAB in Biology,Chem Maths and I have a B in AS english literature.

Please reply. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    AAAB , unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by togouni2017)
    AAAB , unconditional offer.
    In what subjects and for what year?

ReputationRep:
    In what subjects and for what year?
    bio, chem, maths A, physics B

2017 entry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by togouni2017)
    bio, chem, maths A, physics B

2017 entry
    Oh ok. Nice.

Just wondering do you know anyone else with unconditional offers and what grades they achieved?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok. Nice.

Just wondering do you know anyone else with unconditional offers and what grades they achieved?
    nope

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.