Counter-Strike society!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm just glad I only discovered it last month, but I'm likely to be continuing my "summer holiday" for another 12 months so I'll probably be completely fused to my computer by then. :p:

As for top 5:
1. M4A1 (of course)
2. AK (one day this one will be at the top of my list, just got to keep practising)
3. Famas (actually been really successful with it)
4. P90 (spray dammit!)
5. Regular shotgun (mayhem in office, get lucky elsewhere at close quarters)

Get a lot of hlstatsx points if you kill someone with a smoke or flash, but how?! The only way that I can think of is throwing one at someone really hard...
Consie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i love that server which plays compoud. Its just an hour of me and scouty and 'BOOOOM HEADSHOT!!!' playing every time i click the left mouse button. theyve got the best modded sounds going.

kind of annoyed me though how much CSS got into modding sounds, im a bit of a pursit in regard to games. plus its made loading maps take beards.
dune42
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
"cl_downloadfilter nosounds"

Fantastic command for the autoexec if you get sick of having to download thousands of pointless sound files to play on a server.
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Since we're all doing top 5 guns, might as well throw my opinion in for good measure :p:

1. M4 (I'm the sort who will panic and spray if he runs into an enemy, so having the M4 is preferable to the AK in that respect). With the ability to go silent in the event of sneaking in behind the enemy, and its good balance of range, accuracy and firepower, the M4 is always my weapon of choice, save a couple of particular scenarios.

2. AK - my favourite on certain maps (such as compound) where that extra power and accuracy comes in handy at long range.

3. Krieg - if i'm a T then I find this gun tempting because it's quite powerful and sprays far better than the AK. Can't say the same for the AUG, though. Don't like that.

4. P90 - great for close combat, large clip, doesn't take 15,000 bullets like the tmp (though I still quite like the tmp).

5. MP5 - I'd rather have a p90, but the mp5 is my chosen gun if money is low. As I said earlier, crouching and spraying is quality with this gun, even at significant distances. Can also get accurate long-range results if you know how (I don't know how really... but I'm learning!).

Pistols -

1. Deagle if I have the money. No contest really... small clip and poor RoF, maybe, but the power makes up for everything.

2. If money's running low then I quite like the compact whateveritscalled. It's gun #3. Slightly more powerful than the USP, bigger clip and similar rate of fire. It's pretty good.

Despised weapons (as I have found from gungame):

1. Glock - wtf?

2. UMP - like an autoglock. I don't get it... it's more expensive than the MP5 but it has a slower rate of fire and does less damage :s And it's heavier

3. Scout - just because I really can't use it
I'm the same as you though i prefer the krieg 552 over AK, and i prefer teh USP over deagle just because i'm better with it :p:

totally agree with glock and UMP descriptions. the glock is awful and the UMP might as well fire paper.
Consie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Fantastic command for the autoexec if you get sick of having to download thousands of pointless sound files to play on a server.

Legend, thanks very much!
dune42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by olileauk)
I'm the same as you though i prefer the krieg 552 over AK, and i prefer teh USP over deagle just because i'm better with it :p:

totally agree with glock and UMP descriptions. the glock is awful and the UMP might as well fire paper.
Glock may complete rubbish but there is nothing more satisfying than popping out and bursting some guy in the head. Other than that, its fun if you want to play "Mary Had A Little Lamb" on the Source version of de_inferno!
Draig
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by dune42)

I love you for this. I hate servers with annoying downloads, there should be a filter in steam anyway for this. Where it should take 1 min to find a good server you can spend upwards of 20mins when it comes to avoiding downloads.

Just one question, how do you implement it? :P
dune42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Draig)
I love you for this. I hate servers with annoying downloads, there should be a filter in steam anyway for this. Where it should take 1 min to find a good server you can spend upwards of 20mins when it comes to avoiding downloads.

Just one question, how do you implement it? :P
Firstly:
Steam > steamapps > ~your steam username~ > counter-strike source > cstrike > cfg

Once in the cfg folder:
Create a notepad document > type in "cl_downloadfilter nosounds" without the " marks > save the file into the cfg folder with the name autoexec.cfg

That should load up every time you then open up CSS.

GG GL HF etc
Draig
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Excelent, thanks a lot man.
Tabris
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm actively considering installing Source onto my brother's PC (this one) since i don't have the net at home. But the mouse and keyboard are made of uncomfortable fail.

Not like mine's any better, but I'm used to my stuff, this is just crappy.

(Original post by Consie)
ah, is that the game theyre trying to do it on? well, to pioneer it on?

flashbang/smoke grenade kill?
Yeah. I don't know how they're going to make it fair, we all know that PC users are going to abuse the **** out of console players and the rape will be maximum.
dune42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Consie)
flashbang/smoke grenade kill?
Just because this reminded me of something that made me chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWJFb6A9dgs

Complete with cheesey music and exaggerated camerawork.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well said! Kreig/AUG just a waste of money compared to the AK/M4.
Compared to the M4, perhaps, but as long as I had the cash, I would ALWAYS pick a 552 over the AK if the map could give me any decent hope of using the scope; that gun has saved my life many times over.
Consie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
its so damn accurate at a distance, headshot galore.

that video is funny. Its good how just as the dude kills him with the flashy the background voice happens to say 'there is no explanation'. Ive seen the symbol pop up every now and then, I just dont get how its done.
dune42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
Compared to the M4, perhaps, but as long as I had the cash, I would ALWAYS pick a 552 over the AK if the map could give me any decent hope of using the scope; that gun has saved my life many times over.
I found the appeal of instant kills with AK headshots far too appealing to make up for a small scope, and it is $1000 more than the AK. If I had the cash, my argument would be that I may as well save money for the following rounds (or drop a weapon for teammates) or just go all out and buy myself an AWP.

To each his own!
Sziphix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I found the appeal of instant kills with AK headshots far too appealing to make up for a small scope, and it is $1000 more than the AK. If I had the cash, my argument would be that I may as well save money for the following rounds (or drop a weapon for teammates) or just go all out and buy myself an AWP.

To each his own!
Yay! Another AK47 fan!

On the subject of useful console commands, do any of you use cl_interpolate 0? It's probably the single most useful console command I've come across, the client stops trying to make the player models look smooth and instead but put them where their hitboxes are, much less fustrating that way.
Another command which might help long range players (but not snipers) is: cl_crosshairscale xxx(x) The higher the number the smaller your crosshair is and lets you aim more accurately over long distances when you are using an accurate weapon.

(Original post by SunburnedCactus)
Get a lot of hlstatsx points if you kill someone with a smoke or flash, but how?! The only way that I can think of is throwing one at someone really hard...
Yup, throwing a flashbang or smoke grenade directly at someone and hitting them does 1 damage so it's pretty hard to perform. I think that having armour stops those types of kills though. I like the massive weapon icons when it does happen though, it's a nice touch because everyone can see and laugh.
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Like i said before the krieg is rubbish compared to the AK. AK burst fire will own the recoil on the krieg any day and plus the krieg costs loads and the scope function just makes the shots sooo slow.

The auto shotty is so overpowered in CSS it just seems to get headshots from any range.
dune42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Auto-shotgun has nothing on the pump action, that thing is a killing machine

I tried out putting my crosshairscale to 2000 and started to play horribly. I can't pinpoint why but I think that I'm just not picking up on the recoil as much with a smaller crosshair. No matter, I still shoot perfectly fine with default setting.

AK for president!
Sziphix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Auto-shotgun has nothing on the pump action, that thing is a killing machine

I tried out putting my crosshairscale to 2000 and started to play horribly. I can't pinpoint why but I think that I'm just not picking up on the recoil as much with a smaller crosshair. No matter, I still shoot perfectly fine with default setting.

AK for president!
Yeah, pump shotty is annoying when you're against someone who knows how to use it; it randomly kills in one shot even at a range you wouldn't think it would happen. I can't hit anything with the auto shotty so I don't use it.
My cl_crosshairscale is 2048, very small for those long range AK shots, but at close range it messes me up because I forget about bullet spread and I think I won't hit them unless my crosshair is somewhere on them. I might try having it at a normal size again.
0ptriX
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sziphix)
If I remember correctly, it's doing really well under pressure, like taking out the other team whilst you're the only one alive in yours.
Yeah, clutching is when you're the only one left on your team against one or more of the other team.

I usually get at least a 3:1 ratio on deathmatch (120:40 kills before I get bored) otherwise I'm not happy. :]

In competitive CS, you only really use the deagle, glock, USP, AK, M4, AWP and on a couple of rounds (after you win the pistol round and perhaps the round after that) either the Galil/Famas, the M3 shotgun or the MP5/TMP.
dune42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sziphix)
My cl_crosshairscale is 2048, very small for those long range AK shots, but at close range it messes me up because I forget about bullet spread and I think I won't hit them unless my crosshair is somewhere on them. I might try having it at a normal size again.
That's exactly what happened with me. I'm sure it wouldn't take too TOO long to get used to, but I'm impatient like that. If it ain't broke dun't fix it I guess.

What's your rig like (just out of pure curiosity)?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (115)
26.38%
No (321)
73.62%

Watched Threads