Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    cl_crosshairscale 2450 is what I use (not that the 50 makes much difference, but it's kind of what I've been using for a long time :p:) I just can't stand the default sizes they give you - how on earth can you have accuracy with those!?!?

ReputationRep:
    I have my crosshair on 10000. Not that it makes much difference above a certain point, but 10000 is a nice round number

I had it on 50 once so you could see the inside edges of the crosshair at each side of the screen. I still managed to pull of a good number of headshots.

ReputationRep:
    lol, damn i never knew you could set it that small/big

ReputationRep:
    10000?! I've never thought anyone could find use for a crosshair at that scale, you're crazy man!

It seems I shall have to give a small crosshair another try at some point... just to see if I can actually get used to it. Otherwise, its back to good ol' default-small-y.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dune42)
    10000?! I've never thought anyone could find use for a crosshair at that scale, you're crazy man!
    He said it cuts off at a certain point (probably ~ 3500). 10,000 would just be microscopic...

ReputationRep:
    Sensitivity is loads more important to accuracy than the crosshair size will be so I dont see what all the fuss is about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova2)
    Sensitivity is loads more important to accuracy than the crosshair size will be so I dont see what all the fuss is about.
    This I realise, but if you happen to see almost everybody going around with this scale you have to think that there's something that you're missing out on, no? Plus it's fun to fiddle around with configs and then blame your poor scores on them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logan)
    lol, damn i never knew you could set it that small/big
    Give it a go. All my screencaps are at home, so I can't show you since I have no net.

I'm really tempted to install CSS here at my mum's, on my bro's pc now.

ReputationRep:
    Lol i cannot believe you have been playing cs for 5 years, which must put you at about 1.3, and are still playing public? I played source for 1 year, without ever playing a single fps game before (cz for about 2 months before i got a decent pc), and within the following year had begun to move towards the top of the eu competetive scene.

I'm not playing so much recently, after my team folded, half of them went and formed a new team that is now basically the top uk team (4Kings), and the restwent back into hiding in Scotland :P I'm thinking about playing again now with the move towards a competetive market with the CGS and promod on the horizon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dune42)
    This I realise, but if you happen to see almost everybody going around with this scale you have to think that there's something that you're missing out on, no? Plus it's fun to fiddle around with configs and then blame your poor scores on them
    If you want to config play the older versions. Crosshair on small is good enough surely? Rate configging is the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanw)
    Lol i cannot believe you have been playing cs for 5 years, which must put you at about 1.3, and are still playing public? I played source for 1 year, without ever playing a single fps game before (cz for about 2 months before i got a decent pc), and within the following year had begun to move towards the top of the eu competetive scene.
    thats because source is a pretty easy game with an easy learning curve. you can play the older versions for years and years and never eally get close to mastering it. Plus after 1 year your thinking of the top eu competitive scene is probably top of ED/clanbase or something. Most people would consider top of euro would be representing your country/clan at an international LAN.

Although I dont know for sure so I could be guessing wrong. Also lots of people prefer public on a friendly community server. After a while endless clanwars just kill the game and make it unenjoyable most the time. When you get to the point where your having training sessions where you just follow your clan leader around a map practicising strategies and eco rounds or whatever against no opponenets you realise that your spending to much effort or time on something that means so little.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and supernova, Mark plays css now with Team Turtle :P I thought planet6 folded quite a long time ago Optrix, when Sam left to be with a chick? Even though he's in infused now ._.

Anyways, if anyone wants to start playing competetively, i'd suggest hopping onto www.enemydown.co.uk, just get started there, start making some changes to your settings and gameplay. www.cadred.org is a nice community site, same goes for www.gotfrag.net

Top as in, coming close to the top of the current competetive scene that was available for Source back then. Short of going to Dallas with a team, which only Rize did i think where their cpl travel was paid for by Rize, there was nothing better than playing in the Eurocup, or in the Tek9 cup, of which we folded shortly after, having placed quite high before being knocked out by a dfiance.. went on to play children of cruelty, who won the cup, can't remember their names. So i guess that would be it... i think your making the assumption that i have no clue, and quite right because so many don't. The reason i added "competetive", since ED/CB/ESL is not.

At the time, we used to play against children of cruetly (now insignia), saints.css (now h2K), default (now NoA), the now multigamer team, other top danish teams, northern darkness (fnatic), CSA, Iceo's team (HenryG came from there) etc. etc. blah blah blah, it's all rather boring. The point is, i don't think i'm pro for having a silver medal in ED, we were quite good, having come from a nothing team filled with nothing players, me p hx and url became quite good, they split to form audacious with some Fins from Junk52 (now logitech.fi), and i quit. url is now in 4K, p hx in auxilia. 2 top uk teams. As for the country, originally al scouted me for teamuk, which he put together for the clanbase nations cup, then like i said, i quit. Saying that, it does mean much, as plently of useless players were drafted in by al solely on popularity in the scene, many top players now days don't get recognised for lack of being a bum licker.

ReputationRep:
    Ah sorry I was making assumptions! Your definetly right about CSS competitiveness back then, it really didnt take off in europe enough at the start to warrant a CPL stop here or something. Still a year in 1.6 would never take anyone new to top end playing. Im not too brilliant with my CSS knowledge, even of UK teams although ive heard of auxilia, they used to be called VVV back in the old days and gando played for revolver I think.

Im guessing youre going to be playing CSP when it comes out? Hopefully itll be the first platform where all the 1.6 and CSS teams can come together and compete properly. Its been long enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sziphix)
    On the subject of useful console commands, do any of you use cl_interpolate 0? It's probably the single most useful console command I've come across, the client stops trying to make the player models look smooth and instead but put them where their hitboxes are, much less fustrating that way.
    cl_interp was disabled a while ago, replaced with cl_interp_ratio, which is usually set server side anyways. Fun!

ReputationRep:
    just a random suggestion but we could have a TSR clan.

/posting what i'm thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olileauk)
    just a random suggestion but we could have a TSR clan.

/posting what i'm thinking
    I'd be up for that (though I do readily admit that I'm not that good )

ReputationRep:
    id do it, though im pretty dump too. id be more of a casual member though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    ...I'm not that good
    (Original post by Consie)
    im pretty dump too
    Sounds like I'd fit right in

ReputationRep:
    i have a k/d average of 0.6, so i'm not exactly good.

i'm olileauk on steam for those who want to add me.

maybe we should make this a proper soc?

EDIT: if i make a soc who'd join? i mean we already have this thread, but it's not an official soc yet

ReputationRep:
    I'm always up for a bit of counter-strike. Especially on just a "piss-about" type of level

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.