Counter-Strike society!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sziphix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by SunburnedCactus)
cl_interp was disabled a while ago, replaced with cl_interp_ratio, which is usually set server side anyways. Fun!
cl_interp and cl_interpolate are two different commands. But for anyone who thinks they should be hitting people more than they are should at least try entering cl_interpolate 0 into the console. Rates should be set properly too; cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate should both be the same (66 or 100 for both are normally the best) and rate should be 10000 or above, I think.
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
From what I recall, a clan had already been set up once before. But it didn't work very well. We registered for one of those clan battle websites (tag was |TSR|), but no matches were actually played as a clan! Someone had a server for us to play in, but we only had one match and the server auto-configured our settings so gameplay was darn laggy.

But yeah, if you guys want to set up another clan I'd be up for it Summer holiday (since start of August) has been bloody boring for me. I can't believe how many times it has been raining since Summer started :mad:
D!zzy
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
absolutely...we should try and play a game sometime...
seanw
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol that sounds like a good laugh :P if someone wants to register a team on www.enemydown.co.uk, everyone can then join that team, and when 5 people are up for a match just organise one. It's a pretty simple website to use, don't even need to have a server so noone would have to pay or learn the rcon commands for running games.
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
right, I've submitted this soc for approval. if it gets approved you can all join the soc on the second page of the socs link at the top of the page
seanw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
And yes, i'll be giving it a go. Was a fan at the very start after Drax's list of all the bugs, and their idea that if cs wasn't going to become more of a sport they'd have to force it.. after that it kind of died out tho :/ Now with the new ss and closed beta going on it all seems a bit lively, but i can't help feeling that because CGS has already picked CS, and it's affiliated with valve, were not going to see csp in there, no pros will move, and so the community will stay as it is until it dies out. If csp were to have contact with valve, maybe get some top hardware companies behind them and force that step into cgs (i think they are planning on changing the games next year to cs:s, wow, q4, doa and pgr) then it might work.
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I played cs for the first time yesterday in weeks after been playing bf2142 for so long. Damn this game is classic. Although i still dont understand why the pros in cpl prefer cs 1.6 than this newed css.. the physics is better, etc etc
dune42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd be quite happy to get some of you guys' names on steam to add to the friend list. Or if anybody has Xfire it's even better!
Sziphix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by dune42)
What's your rig like (just out of pure curiosity)?
Motherboard: Asus A8N-32 SLi
Precessor: AMD Athlon 3700+
Graphics Card: nVidia 7600 GT 256MB
RAM: 1GB

Nothing special, but it gets the job done, and it's the first computer I built all by myself so it holds a special place in my heart.

I'll be trying Promod when it comes out, looks like fun, and I'd be up with playing CS, problem is sorting out a server though.

Steam/Xfire: Sziphix
seanw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't find it :/ But a top na player (drax) listed all the bugs in source, can't let go of defuse and immeadiately stop defusing for example, there were loads, the gameplay is slower and the hitboxes are larger, recoil is tamed down, it's generally a bug ridden, easy, cluttered game compared to 1.6, and not good for competetion. That's the basis for csp.
seanw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhgwxYtHUBw
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
wtf are they shouting about?
dune42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
None of the terrorists noticed the CT player sneaking in to defuse the bomb.

...That and the fact that CS commentators really have nothing else to shout about.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dw3sTGOJPU <-- Just found this. A friend's clanmate, Whiteey, pulling off a pretty cool ninja. The terrorist actually stands on whiteey's head at one point.
Dalimyr
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My God...it's a good thing xleague.tv's commentators aren't that annoying
seanw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it was the CPL final between two massive rivals and he pulls off some **** like that. Awesome.
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It was gay when that happened though. The crowd went crazy when he got on the bomb so NiP knew something was happening and came back.

oh yeah and best CS movie ever has to be Ruination or Bombsight
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by seanw)
And yes, i'll be giving it a go. Was a fan at the very start after Drax's list of all the bugs, and their idea that if cs wasn't going to become more of a sport they'd have to force it.. after that it kind of died out tho :/ Now with the new ss and closed beta going on it all seems a bit lively, but i can't help feeling that because CGS has already picked CS, and it's affiliated with valve, were not going to see csp in there, no pros will move, and so the community will stay as it is until it dies out. If csp were to have contact with valve, maybe get some top hardware companies behind them and force that step into cgs (i think they are planning on changing the games next year to cs:s, wow, q4, doa and pgr) then it might work.
The quake 3 promod was adopted by international torunaments all over the world. If the players take it up then the tournaments will be forced to use it. Its like when they had that Source CPL in winter 05 (i think) which they pretty much had to cancel becasue nobody wanted to play source back then.
kingosticks
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
That's debatable. Certainly, the amount of kills I get with the 552 compared to the amount I get with the AK would persuade me to pick the 552 more often than not...but I like big open maps, where I can actually make use of the scope. A 552 in something like office is a waste of money.
in a clan game when money can be more of an issue the ak is better. and also from what i remember its quicker to reload and does more damage. you dont have the scope but tbh you very rarely need it
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Using the 552 scoped reduces the rate of fire and increase the recoil, I dont see why either of these traits are beneficial...
Dalimyr
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by supernova2)
Using the 552 scoped reduces the rate of fire and increase the recoil, I dont see why either of these traits are beneficial...
They're not beneficial, but the gun can very easily be used (with using the scope ) while very rarely, if ever, experiencing those downsides.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads