Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Eu students maintenance loan

ReputationRep:
    I am an EU student and by the time my course starts, in September 2017, I would have been in the UK for 3 years. EU students were allowed to get Maintenance Loan after being in the UK for 3 years, but apparently it has now changed to 5 years(?)
    I just wanted to confirm whether this is correct or not.
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Ask Student Finance and you'll find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovephysics98)
    I am an EU student and by the time my course starts, in September 2017, I would have been in the UK for 3 years. EU students were allowed to get Maintenance Loan after being in the UK for 3 years, but apparently it has now changed to 5 years(?)
    Thanks in advance
    Yes that is correct.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks in advance
    Yes, I agree with jelly1000 - it is now 5 years. The rules were changed earlier this year.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks in advance

Depends, If you came to UK and you started to work straight away you might be considered EU migrant worker, which there is an exemption of 3 years residency requirement.

You will need evidence from the year you came until this year.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.