Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Where do you do your shopping? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hang on... Shouldn't Safeway and Morrisons be in the same poll option? What with Safeway being owned by Morrison and all.

Besides, being able to shop and Morrisons is kinda difficult for most Southerners. There aren't all that many here compared to up north.

ReputationRep:
    Sainsbury's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    Sainsbury's
    Hey, you're back how was the holiday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I do my food shopping at either Somerfield or Tesco. Don't really like Somerfield as it's pretty expensive - 79p for a tin of tuna compared to 38p at Tesco. Fruit and veg is also incredibly expensive there. I usually choose Tesco cos it's near my gym so I can get my food when I've just done a workout so am not tempted to buy anything fatty!
    Somerfield used to be ****. Now it's got M&S style delusions of grandeur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Hey, you're back how was the holiday?
    not back yet i only got few minute on ukl
    GOD here is soooo hot

ReputationRep:
    not back yet i only got few minute on ukl
    GOD here is soooo hot
    oh fair enough...is here spain??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    oh fair enough...is here spain??
    china

ReputationRep:
    china
    Hi. How are you? So your still away. Bring me back a pressie JPJ is going to so you must 2 . Thanks

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Some people have been getting away with paying nothing for their groceries; from today's Times:

November 04, 2004

Why good food really costs you nothing at Sainsbury's
    By Russell Jenkins

GOOD food was said to cost less at Sainsbury’s, but now it turns out that for hundreds of the supermarket company’s online shoppers, food — and anything else they fancied — could cost nothing at all.

Online customers discovered a loophole on the Sainsbury’s home delivery website which enabled them to order thousands of pounds worth of goods without paying for them.

The ailing supermarket chain said that it was unable to put a figure on how much it had lost through the scam, which centred on the company website’s scheme for issuing money-off vouchers.

One customer told The Times that he had calculated that he took delivery of free white goods and groceries worth £5,000 over a five-week period. Customers were attracted to the website by introductory and promotional offers and the promise of £10 discounts for late deliveries. The incentives and discounts were sent via e-mail in the form of vouchers bearing individual codes.

The shoppers swiftly detected that the codes could be used again and again, sharply cutting the cost of their grocery bills. They also found that they could get still more discounts by using codes that had been e-mailed to other people. This produced huge traffic on a web forum, where surfers exchanged voucher codes with each other to maximise their takings.

The secret has been spreading among bargain-hunters over the past two months, the chatroom page used for discount code trading being said to have attracted 15,000 hits, making it one of the most popular on the internet.

Sainsbury’s has now moved to cancel its discounts offered to online shoppers, but the episode has come at a bad time for the company, which has been criticised by customers and business observers for high prices and understocked shelves.

ReputationRep:
    I shop at home tesco.com online shopping - home delivery rules!!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have Wal-mart in England? I saw a Walmart truck in Germany and it made me really depressed. Though it's a conveniant store to buy just about everything cheaply it'll be a sad time to live when it's taken over the world. McDonalds just sells the world hamburgers, won't it be sad when America sells it everything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardking)
    Some people have been getting away with paying nothing for their groceries; from today's Times:
    i managed to get £40 worth of stuff for £15

ReputationRep:
    at uni: coop (local one down the road) and tesco online (handy).

home: tesco (for drinks etc) m&s (for other food).

ReputationRep:
    other => Waitrose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrIceKool)
    Sainsbury's!!!

also has anyone noticed that the 99p donuts from sainsbury's are much nicer than the 99p ones from tesco!!
    true but asda omg

ReputationRep:
    M&S Or Asda.

the only downside to Asda is whenever we seem to go late on at night there never seems to be enough products on the shelves.

ReputationRep:
    i like M&S because they do nice microwavable veggie food. but they dont have a fresh deli section, which is the downside.

ReputationRep:
    og the m&s
    HOISON DUCK WRAP,
    please tell me uve experienced this!!?!

ReputationRep:
    Tesco mostly, but sometimes Sainsbury's and Waitrose. Oh, we bought loads of Chinese food at M&S once..

-Becs

ReputationRep:
    Weekly bulk buy: Tesco
    Fancy food: Sainsbury
    Daily top-ups: Morrisons
    Emergency teabag supply: Scotmid

:P:P:P:P:P:P

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.