Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you had to choose between a TC at Linklaters or White & Case, which one would you go for and why?

ReputationRep:
    I would go with my gut instinct as to which one felt the "better" for me as an individual and definitely not go on other people's decision/opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    both excellent firms and its a personal choice. did you complete a vac scheme at either/both firms? if so, which did you feel more comfortable at? that should help you decide if you did. speaking from a subjective point of view, I would probably play it safe and go for the proven pedigree of Linklaters as they offer excellent formal training, are very strong in a lot of practice areas and that name is brilliant on the CV. however white and case is expanding a lot and they pay quite a bit, plus you are guaranteed an overseas seat iirc. It's a great position to be in and you would certainly not be harming your future prospects by choosing either.

ReputationRep:
    White and Case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blu2)
    If you had to choose between a TC at Linklaters or White & Case, which one would you go for and why?
    I work at Links (non-legal) and love it. However, nobody can make this decision for you!

ReputationRep:
    I was put in a similar position last year and I chose White & Case. Predominantly because I did a Vac Scheme there and absolutely loved the firm. It is by far one of the fastest growing and most ambitious firms in the city, as proven by its 39% revenue growth, 40% increase in annual trainee intake (over the last 2-3 years) as well as the influx of leading partners from other top city firms who have chosen to make the move to White & Case. The culture is very relaxed, diverse and like many US firms, exhibits a 'Work Hard Play Hard' feel.

You are guaranteed an international seat abroad (alongside a pay adjustment and free Accomodation for 6 months). The salary is excellent and is likely due to increase substantially due to the recent financial success of the firm as well as pressure arising from increases by other firms.

The training will also be excellent, seeing as the firm is one of the most established US firms in London, so has had a long pedigree of great training to date. Moreover, due to the heavy lateral recruitment moves, you will be trained by leading solicitors from other top Magic/Silver Circle firms. Thus, I would argue that the training is comparable to other leading UK firms. However, the firm do emphasise on giving trainees more responsibility from the get-go, so you're likely to have greater deal/client exposure at a much earlier stage in your career than at other firms.

I hope this has been useful, but ultimately go with your gut!

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.