Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which is more important - having good teachers or having good friends? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Any opinions?

ReputationRep:
    good friends > good teachers

having good teachers will only give you a good learning experience and you can self teach
    having good friends will give you a nice childhood and something to remember forever.

ReputationRep:
    Im the most important, no one else.

ReputationRep:
    friends deffo

ReputationRep:
    teachers come and go but friends stay

ReputationRep:
    I would love if I had a good teacher that maybe was a good friend or a personal tutor. I would be able to learn and have fun with this teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Teachers > friends. Friends come and go, life's lessons stay with you forever (unless you have amnesia)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    teachers come and go but friends stay
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Teachers > friends. Friends come and go, life's lessons stay with you forever (unless you have amnesia)
    So everyone comes and goes? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    So everyone comes and goes? :holmes:
    Yup, but you'll note that education/learning stays with you, whereas people generally don't..

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..unless you lock them in your basement :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    ..unless you lock them in your basement :innocent:

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This depends on the person. In some cases there are limits to what a teacher can do for you academically. You can have the best teacher and do terribly or the worst teacher and do great, all because of the effort you put in. Outside of academia I wouldn't be worried about teachers in the traditional sense.

If you could only pick one for the rest of your life I'd pick friends. 15-20 years of education as a kid vs 80 or more years of friends. It's a no brainer.

However my ideal is to have friends that are also great teachers. I'd like friends that I can learn from, that can teach me things. If I'm not learning things from my friends then I'm not around the best potential people.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the situation. If you're deciding on which class to be in and it's between being with your friends or being in the class with a good teacher, the teacher should always win. Education should come before friends, friends aren't forever and what are you going to need more in 10 years, the approval of your teenage friends or your school education.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'd say teachers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.