Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Marvel Cinematic Universe Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

Welcome to your friendly neighbourhood Marvel thread. Feel free to discuss the MCU here, just a refresher, here are the MCU movies to date:

Phase 1
    Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk (but feel free to ignore it)
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    The Avengers

Phase 2
    Iron Man 3
    Thor: The Dark World
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Ant-Man

Phase 3
    Captain America: Civil War
    Doctor Strange
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    Spider-Man Homecoming
    Thor: Ragnarok
    Black Panther
    Avengers: Infinity War
    Ant-Man and the Wasp
    Captain Marvel

To start off the discussion, why not say who is your favourite Marvel superhero and MCU movie?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm ... I don't know which is my favourite, I don't remember all the movies too well. I'll just ignore The Incredible Hulk too (when you replace the actor, you lose me). In the past two days, I've watched Captain America: Civil War two times and found it very good. Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man have humour which make them very likable (the tank produced cackles). I would say that Spider-Man is my favourite superhero (though I don't read the comics, merely watch film), followed by Captain America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)

Welcome to your friendly neighbourhood Marvel thread. Feel free to discuss the MCU here, just a refresher, here are the MCU movies to date:

Phase 1
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    The Avengers

Phase 2
    Iron Man 3
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Ant-Man

Phase 3
    Doctor Strange
    Spider-Man Homecoming
    Black Panther
    Ant-Man and the Wasp
    Captain Marvel

To start off the discussion, why not say who is your favourite Marvel superhero and MCU movie?
    My fave hero? Cap America - his relationship with Bucky is just too priceless, and that's why I'm absolutely crazy about all the CA movies

ReputationRep:

Phase 1
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    The Avengers

Phase 2
    Iron Man 3
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Ant-Man

Phase 3
    Doctor Strange
    Spider-Man Homecoming
    Black Panther
    Ant-Man and the Wasp
    Captain Marvel

You missed out Deadpool!

My favourite marvel superhero is Deadpool, Captain America and Thor are a close 2nd and 3rd.

Favourite film is a tie for me as it's between Deadpool and Civil War. I'm really looking forward to watching Doctor Strange as I love Benedict Cumberbatch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    You missed out Deadpool!

My favourite marvel superhero is Deadpool, Captain America and Thor are a close 2nd and 3rd.

Favourite film is a tie for me as it's between Deadpool and Civil War. I'm really looking forward to watching Doctor Strange as I love Benedict Cumberbatch.
    Deadpool is a Marvel character, but the film wasn't made by Marvel Studios, but Fox. That's why Fantastic 4 and X-Men or the older Spidey movie aren't counted either.

Pretty sure Disney couldn't allow a R-rated movie like Deadpool out though, lol.

I love Benedict too, been a fan since Sherlock, he'll do good as Strange I think... I really want him to meet Tony though... reunited the Sherlocks. Martin Freeman was in Civil War as well!

ReputationRep:
    Deadpool is a Marvel character, but the film wasn't made by Marvel Studios, but Fox. That's why Fantastic 4 and X-Men or the older Spidey movie aren't counted either.

Pretty sure Disney couldn't allow a R-rated movie like Deadpool out though, lol.

I love Benedict too, been a fan since Sherlock, he'll do good as Strange I think... I really want him to meet Tony though... reunited the Sherlocks. Martin Freeman was in Civil War as well!
    Do we include Daredevil, Jessica Jones and all the other Netflix stuff in MCU?

ReputationRep:
    Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Marvel film by absolute miles in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    Do we include Daredevil, Jessica Jones and all the other Netflix stuff in MCU?
    Yeah, but... I'm not sure if it counts on this thread since this is in the Film forums.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I've got such a thing for Ant-Man right now. I really liked that film, and I love Paul Rudd as Ant-Man.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite Marvel superhero is Daredevil and favourite MCU movies is Civil War

ReputationRep:
    My favorite hero is Iron Man. I love his attitude, style.

ReputationRep:
    Decided to update this thread with Marvel news and trailers as they come. A new trailer for Doctor Strange was release so here it is:

What are your thoughts on the trailer?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Iron Man for favourite hero, Guardians of the Galaxy for favourite film :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hero - Hulk
    Movie - Thor: The Dark World

I can relate to a lot of the Marvel hero's in one way or another, I guess that's sort of the point of the characters, but for some reason Hulk just clicks the most.

I know The Dark World isn't that popular with many people, but I felt it was a decent villain, good comedy without overdoing it and interesting twists.

ReputationRep:
    Friendly reminder that Doctor Strange is coming out tomorrow in the UK!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm seeing it tomorrow :woo: I've also managed to avoid seeing a single trailer for it, so it will be cool going in blind on a character I know very little about

ReputationRep:
    Also going to see it tomorrow, IMAX 3D, should be good!

:woo: :woo: :woo:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to see it Wednesday, if not I'll be waiting until next week :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Hoping to see it Wednesday, if not I'll be waiting until next week :woo:
    Me too, I didn't preorder tickets. I'm so excited though, I hope to see it soon with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Doctor Strange. The first act is a little slow and not exciting but once he gets to the first sanctum it gets really good. The mythical arts are beautiful and the action sequences are amazing. There's a little bit of humor too. Benedict is great as Strange, and he's one of my favorite superheroes now. Can't wait to see more of Doctor Strange.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.