Atonement and A Room with a View Watch

englishlitforevs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Desperately need help!! I'm supposed to compare Atonement and A Room with a View for my coursework which is a 3500 word essay. However, i'm really struggling to compare the two novels as I feel they are quite different. My question is to 'Explore and critically compare the development of lucy honeychurch and briony tallis in atonement'. However, I can make up my own question if I feel it would be easier. Please help me come up with some key scenes to compare.
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by englishlitforevs)
Desperately need help!! I'm supposed to compare Atonement and A Room with a View for my coursework which is a 3500 word essay. However, i'm really struggling to compare the two novels as I feel they are quite different. My question is to 'Explore and critically compare the development of lucy honeychurch and briony tallis in atonement'. However, I can make up my own question if I feel it would be easier. Please help me come up with some key scenes to compare.
If you're struggling with this question, why not change your own question you'd be more suited for?

I've only read Atonement, never View.

But if I were you, I would change it as Briony's character obviously changed and evolves throughout the course of the novel.

Maybe do something to do with memory or the past? That might be easier for you since you're having trouble with tackling this question...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (134)
18.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
9.93%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (127)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (72)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (224)
30.48%

Watched Threads