Coolk14
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is it necessary to write notes as i feel it is a complete waste of time.
So should i write notes or just read over revision guides?
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just write notes for the topics that you feel are quite challenging for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
DamnDaniel2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NK778)
Is it necessary to write notes as i feel it is a complete waste of time.
So should i write notes or just read over revision guides?
I thought it was a waste of time but for A Levels im definitely writing notes as there's more content and I need to understand it rather than just memorise unlike GCSEs where you can get by just by memorising. If you think it will help then go ahead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clemm101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Everyone learns in different ways but unless you have a photographic memory notes are very useful for revision. They jog your memory and the very act of writing things down helps you process the information. Making good notes is skill in itself - just pick out important/key points and don't waste time writing loads of irrelevant rubbish. Learning how to write decent notes will not only help you at GCSE but is an essential skill for further studies. You will absolutely need to make notes for A-Levels and degrees.
Fnt1klo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am the same as you! Don't like notes;I revise from my revision guides.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Clemm101)
Everyone learns in different ways but unless you have a photographic memory notes are very useful for revision. They jog your memory and the very act of writing things down helps you process the information. Making good notes is skill in itself - just pick out important/key points and don't waste time writing loads of irrelevant rubbish. Learning how to write decent notes will not only help you at GCSE but is an essential skill for further studies. You will absolutely need to make notes for A-Levels and degrees.
I agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (41)
22.78%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (87)
48.33%
I'm unsure (52)
28.89%

Watched Threads