Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Throughout my whole life I've never had much luck with friendships and relationships.
    I've been bullied a large amount which led me to a large amount of antisocia moments, I have anxiety and I am quite depressed at this moment in time, but I met a friend who became my best friend in literal days. We had everything in common and she was so friendly and helped me to get over so many obstacles in my life and I love her a very large amount.
    Earlier this year in June she moved to California which is the other side of the world to me because I live in England. I don't know how to deal with it because I isolated myself so much before and relied on my best friend for everything, every weekend we met up, every lesson we were partnered and sat together. I don't know what to do and I am heading back down a spiral which my best friend helped build to boost me up. I don't know what to do I just miss her so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Throughout my whole life I've never had much luck with friendships and relationships.
    I've been bullied a large amount which led me to a large amount of antisocia moments, I have anxiety and I am quite depressed at this moment in time, but I met a friend who became my best friend in literal days. We had everything in common and she was so friendly and helped me to get over so many obstacles in my life and I love her a very large amount.
    Earlier this year in June she moved to California which is the other side of the world to me because I live in England. I don't know how to deal with it because I isolated myself so much before and relied on my best friend for everything, every weekend we met up, every lesson we were partnered and sat together. I don't know what to do and I am heading back down a spiral which my best friend helped build to boost me up. I don't know what to do I just miss her so much
    Have you considered cognitive behavioral therapy? I have social anxiety as well, and I was referred about five months ago. It really does help. Your best friend is what my therapist would call a 'safety behaviour' - she made you feel safe and helped you get over your anxieties, but when she's taken away, you start to panic.

Most of the treatment in CBT is behavioral experiments, controlled exposure. It seems terrifying before you do it - forcing yourself into a situation that scares you - but you feel good after you've done it. Talk to your GP and see if you can get a referral.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.