Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depressed Entrepreneur - Any Businessmen here? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently business has been trash.

Demand is fine, but suppliers have been late. Or generally unreliable.

Result? - No money has been made!!!

I'm stressed, depressed, pissed off.

Anyone can relate?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CashCrazed)

Anyone can relate?
    What sector you in??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CashCrazed)

Anyone can relate?
    Whats your sector?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomad992)
    Whats your sector?
    Software

ReputationRep:
    Hey man, what's up? Is your software a seasonal thing such as winter or summer? My business is quite seasonal with the winter being an amazing time for raking in the dough! Summer is very depressing for me because money is pretty low. Give me a PM if you wish

ReputationRep:
    Been in the same boat lots of times over the past 18 months since me and my wife set up our business.

Its stressfull, and consumes you 100% of the time.. and even when things go well, it just opens up more possiblities for problems..

Yesterday our buisness had a bit of a *****y day. We work in educational consulting abroad, and a pretty big change to the regional school policy in our area has meant that we are about to loose a good chunk of our contracts with local schools.. On the same day we were stuck in traffic for 2.5 hours (on a 35min journey) trying to get to a meeting, and had a client get all pissy and demanding over nothing.

We are very lucky at the moment that our core buisness that we run ourselves is growing well and looking strong, as the work we do for other peoples buisness is always a pain in the arse.. and constantly makes me dispare about how some buisness are so badly run.

The important thing for me though, and I hope for anyoen doing this kind of thing, is that I still wouldnt change it. I would always take this life, even with its bad times, over being stuck in a job under multiple layers of management and being told what to do every day.

ReputationRep:
    I have never had such issues myself but then again I get stock from the web but nothing else is internet-based I often sell to the trade or my well established (and growing) list of wealthy clients but I know how much I make and I do well with an average £4-5,000 a week income

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.