I Am So Screwed!!! Help!!! Watch

ME_AGAIN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Can someone please explain something to me.....
Basically I messed up my AS this year due to me mucking around to much.....
and the results come out in august...but I KNOW I will be doing a few retakes in january..and the results for that come out in March.......
I was just wondering when do you start applying for Universities? what month? also are the gonna look at my first set of AS grades that I get in august or will it me the ones in march? Cause I know I will get better results for the ones that I am going to retake if I push myself...
I am so stuck...cause if they see my august results...DAMN!! THAT AINT GOOD!
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well.... depending on who you apply to, chances are they might just give you a conditional offer and it'll be up to you to make that target.
If you're applying to a highly sort after course however you may be rejected... but you never know, apply and see what happens.

(You should be told when you apply by your school/college, but I believe it is early in the next academic year? Feb/March time -- check the UCAS site).
ME_AGAIN
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
If they give me a conditional offer like to get ABB or something...If I push myself and work hard I can get it....
what if after looking at my AS the universities say no, but then I work really hard and get good grades for my A2 and apply again will they accept me?
Actually to be honest I am still stuck on when the hell we apply for uni? when did u guys start applying?
<(+_+)>
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Firstly calm down.Now when you get your results decline your AS grades (therefore you will write 'Pending' for your grades when applying to university), make sure your teachers make good predictions for your grades, do AS resits in Jan as they are easier than A2 modules and work as hard as you can next year.

Good luck.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by <(+_+)>)
Firstly calm down.Now when you get your results decline your AS grades (therefore you will write 'Pending' for your grades when applying to university), make sure your teachers make good predictions for your grades, do AS resits in Jan as they are easier than A2 modules and work as hard as you can next year.

Good luck.
In a nutshell, that's it. Just to add though that even if you decline the grades, you don't "lose" what you've already got. So, you can pick which modules you want to resit, and whichever mark is the best is the one that goes forward to be included in your final totals. All that "declining grades" means is that you have not taken the AS certificates that you would otherwise be entitled to. And you only have to enter the grades for certificated qualifications on your UCAS form. One other point: when you get your results sheet, if your module grades have been totalled up and an overall grade for the AS is quoted, you need to talk to your teachers about declining the grades. Bear in mind that if this isn't your school's normal policy it's a bit of a giveaway on your application, and unis do expect schools to say one way or the other in your reference. So, declining grades is not something to do lightly. On the other hand, if your results sheet just shows individual module grades with no overall grade, your school doesn't certificate AS levels and you're home and dry because there's nothing to indicate that you're any different from anyone else. There's a really useful post from Kellywood5 that I can't find at the moment but when I do I'll post a link to it -
Font
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by GUNNER4JAY)
Can someone please explain something to me.....
Basically I messed up my AS this year due to me mucking around to much.....
and the results come out in august...but I KNOW I will be doing a few retakes in january..and the results for that come out in March.......
I was just wondering when do you start applying for Universities? what month? also are the gonna look at my first set of AS grades that I get in august or will it me the ones in march? Cause I know I will get better results for the ones that I am going to retake if I push myself...
I am so stuck...cause if they see my august results...DAMN!! THAT AINT GOOD!
apply to unis you think u are good enough for, work your ass off next year, and don't declare your AS level grades that are bad.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kw2005)
There's a really useful post from Kellywood5 that I can't find at the moment but when I do I'll post a link to it -
I'm afraid I don't know which one you mean, so I can't help you there :p: but basically what everyone has said here is correct. If you get overall grades on your results slips, your grades have been cashed in and you need to ask your exams officer to decline them for you. This means the unis will probably know you've done badly and that you're resitting, but it's nothing to worry about because lots of people do it and unis realise that lots of people improve from AS to A2. They will look at your predicted grades, so you need to convince your teachers to predict you higher than your AS grades. If you only get individual module marks on your results slips, it's your school/college policy not to cash in and that should be mentioned in your reference so the unis can't hold it against you. If you're applying to Oxbridge or for medicine, the deadline is 15th October, otherwise it's 15th January.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Here it is -

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...43#post9405743

So, where Kelly shows the listing for AS French with an overall grade at the top, this would be a certificated AS. If it was just listing the module scores with no overall grade, the AS will not be certificated and it means you can put pending on your UCAS form without having to decline grades.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?