Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which open days are you going to during this year and next year (state the uni and date if you want)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev1122)
    Which open days are you going to during this year and next year (state the uni and date if you want)?
    I've already been to
    Cardiff, Nottingham, Exeter, Reading and York

Still need to go to Sheffield, UEA and maybe one other

(Original post by ~Sam~)
    I've already been to
    Cardiff, Nottingham, Exeter, Reading and York

Still need to go to Sheffield, UEA and maybe one other
    Cardiff and Exeter are lurvely. Reading, in my experience, is a bit of a hole though. Mind you, I didn't like Nottingham, and lots of people do, so it's very personal. What did you think of Notts?

I went to Exeter, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Oxford, Warwick and Reading last year, and next year I'm planning on going to Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds and Bristol. But then, it will be my second year of applying.

ReputationRep:
    im going to

-exeter
    -bradford
    -uea
    -portsmouth
    -brighton

and probs many more, still gotta check what unis i am interested in.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh it's so terrible living in N.I. - I can't possibly go round all the universities. I'm going almost wholly on prospectuses.

ReputationRep:
    last year i went to:

oxford
    newcastle
    reading
    keele
    st andrews

and i had private tours round dundee and stirling (i went and did the scottish ones at the same time)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=hitchhiker_13 I'm going almost wholly on prospectuses.[/QUOTE]

Which isn't always a good idea. Make a list of Universities you're interested in, then narrow it down and see if you can visit a few. When you get to deciding on the final six it usually helps if you've visited the universities beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to lincoln, hull, bradford, salford, and de monfort.

I hope they display the 2005 dates on their as well, because their websites on display the open days that are form sept - dec 2004.

Bradford and de monfort open days are on the same day, do you think I should go to both or one of them, or go to one of them in 2005?

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Bristol and Southampton and i'm planning on going to Reading and Exeter in September. That will be it i expect. Oh, maybe Portsmouth too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I've been to Bristol and Southampton and i'm planning on going to Reading and Exeter in September. That will be it i expect. Oh, maybe Portsmouth too.

Ooh you should go to the portsmouth one! The university isn't on the same level as those others, but we have lots of nice shops, and at the end of the day thats the most important thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to lincoln, hull, bradford, salford, and de monfort.

I hope they display the 2005 dates on their as well, because their websites on display the open days that are form sept - dec 2004.

Bradford and de monfort open days are on the same day, do you think I should go to both or one of them, or go to one of them in 2005?
    You should go to:
    http://www.opendays.com/

They have the dates of open days in 2005 as well as 2004.

ReputationRep:
    Most uni's don't have the 2005 open day dates yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    Ahh it's so terrible living in N.I. - I can't possibly go round all the universities. I'm going almost wholly on prospectuses.
    Low budget airlines.

By all means whittle down your options so you're not making 50 Easyjet flights across to the mainland, but it doesn't cost much for cheap airlines nowadays.

Easyjet fly to Bristol, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Liverpool, Luton, Newcastle, Stansted.

Bmibaby fly to Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham East Midlands, and Teesside.

Jet2.com fly to Leeds/Bradford Int.

The whole of the country covered.

That or go foot passenger on the Irish Sea services !! :eek: (£20 Dublin - Liverpool return (Seacat))

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.