Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What job did you get after Uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone go into a job where you didn't necessarily need a degree after Uni? Or one that was out of your subject area? I studied Marketing but it seems jobs in that field are non-existent at junior level in the place I want to live. I find it easy to get temp admin roles but I worry about going into a job where a degree is not required.

ReputationRep:
    The job I have and all I applied for need degrees, but the companies do have alternate routes. A degree not being required job is no biggie, if it's what you want to do.
    It is out of my 'strict' subject area - studied law but doing risk consultancy. There are many crossovers though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hexagon1992)
    Did anyone go into a job where you didn't necessarily need a degree after Uni? Or one that was out of your subject area? I studied Marketing but it seems jobs in that field are non-existent at junior level in the place I want to live. I find it easy to get temp admin roles but I worry about going into a job where a degree is not required.
    Quite a lot of graduates do and usually not out of choice. Others have to compromise on location to be able to get the graduate job they were working towards.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.