Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What 5 university's? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Other than its in Coventry (previously proven to be the dullest place on the plant), its located in the middle of nowhere, they made me pay for my sandwiches and they have no actual history or distinction other than that based on loving league table editors.....I love the place!!! Also, I was given some good alternatives therefore I could avoid including the money machine.

hey dont diss coventry! I live there...but ye coventry is pretty crap but the warwick campus is pretty damn good!

ReputationRep:
    1) Nottingham
    2) Manchester
    3) Warwick
    4) Sheffield
    5) Reading

Exeter didn't make a good impression on me unfortunately so I'm biased.

ReputationRep:
    1) Warwick
    2) Nottingham
    3) Exeter
    4) Birmingham
    5) Manchester

Loads of people seem to dislike Warwick... when I visited the people were really nice and Coventry itself wasn't too bad either (was quite surprised actually ). Maybe this applies to just the English department though... or perhaps I'm just biased cause they gave me an offer I didn't expect

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I told the admissions tutor for durham to his face....it felt soooo good (but probably wasn't particularly wise considering it was my only offer at the time)

And yes Warwick does have a reputation of being a bit...smug.
    I'm gonna wait till I've actually secured a place somewhere before I start making offensive comments to admissions people...

ReputationRep:
    When I went to a Warwick open day the student who showed me round made fun of my accent and humilated me in from of all the other students. I want nothing more to do with them, ever!

I don't think I could really rank these unis without a subject.

ReputationRep:
    1)warwick
    2)manchester
    3)sheffield
    4)exeter
    5)reading

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    warwick
    exeter
    nottingham
    manchester
    birmingham

for law

nottingham
    manchester
    warwick
    birmingham
    sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyballerina)
    When I went to a Warwick open day the student who showed me round made fun of my accent and humilated me in from of all the other students. I want nothing more to do with them, ever!

I don't think I could really rank these unis without a subject.
    Thats horrible I am seriously hoping the majority of Warwick students are not like that.

(Original post by Acid_Rain)
    Thats horrible I am seriously hoping the majority of Warwick students are not like that.
    I'm sure the students are great, infact I know several people who are going, or who have already been to Warwick (one of them being my brother!!!) and they are all (with the exception of my brother) lovely people!!!

Warwick
    Manchester
    Exeter
    Birmingham
    Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE PROPHETOR!)
    hey guys...

just purely out of interest which 5 universitys (below) would you choose to go to , in order of preference:

warwick
    sheffield
    exeter
    nottingham
    manchester
    birmingham
    leicester
    reading

Thanks

jay
    1)Sheffield
    2)Manchester
    3)Nottingham
    4)Erm....
    5)Erm.....

ReputationRep:
    On a mixture of reputation and where I like...

Warwick
    Nottingham
    Manchester
    Birmingham
    Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I'm sure the students are great, infact I know several people who are going, or who have already been to Warwick (one of them being my brother!!!) and they are all (with the exception of my brother) lovely people!!!
    Thank you.

amazingtrade - I think you're a bit quick to judge (or your sister is..) if you base your opinions after just a couple of hours spent at that place. Warwick has a very varied mixture of students and to **** them all off based on just one i think is a little unfair. Im sure the student in question didn't mean any harm by his/her comments and was just trying to be friendly, with the wrong results.

ReputationRep:
    1. manchester
    2. sheffield
    3. nottingham
    4. birmingham
    5.warwick

I live in Coventry and have been to warwick uni quite a lot, and all the people have always been friendly then. only problem is that it's not really near anywhere and it's in Cov.

ReputationRep:
    how different can these lists get to each other? what is top in one is not even in others, so perhaps it would be best to say they are all ok and leave it at that?

ReputationRep:
    1)Warwick
    2)Exeter
    3)Manchester
    4)Nottingham
    5)Birmingham

Although realistically I probably wouldn't apply to manchester/ nottingham because of distance.

ReputationRep:
    warwick
    sheffield
    exeter
    nottingham
    manchester
    birmingham
    leicester
    reading
    jay
    Warwick and Notts are probably the best overall, and then I'd say Manchester. It does depend a great deal on what you're looking to study, however, given the choice I'd stick to somewhere within the 3 I've mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys...

just purely out of interest which 5 universitys (below) would you choose to go to , in order of preference:

warwick
    sheffield
    exeter
    nottingham
    manchester
    birmingham
    leicester
    reading

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Thanks

jay
    (1) Warwick

the rest can be dumped in the bin

ReputationRep:
    1) Warwick
    2) Nottingham

Then it's between Manchester, Birmingham and Exeter.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.