This discussion is closed.
jay9386
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
Other than its in Coventry (previously proven to be the dullest place on the plant), its located in the middle of nowhere, they made me pay for my sandwiches and they have no actual history or distinction other than that based on loving league table editors.....I love the place!!! Also, I was given some good alternatives therefore I could avoid including the money machine.

hey dont diss coventry! I live there...but ye coventry is pretty crap but the warwick campus is pretty damn good!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1) Nottingham
2) Manchester
3) Warwick
4) Sheffield
5) Reading

Exeter didn't make a good impression on me unfortunately so I'm biased.
Acid_Rain
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1) Warwick
2) Nottingham
3) Exeter
4) Birmingham
5) Manchester

Loads of people seem to dislike Warwick... when I visited the people were really nice and Coventry itself wasn't too bad either (was quite surprised actually ). Maybe this applies to just the English department though... or perhaps I'm just biased cause they gave me an offer I didn't expect
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
I told the admissions tutor for durham to his face....it felt soooo good (but probably wasn't particularly wise considering it was my only offer at the time)

And yes Warwick does have a reputation of being a bit...smug.
I'm gonna wait till I've actually secured a place somewhere before I start making offensive comments to admissions people...
babyballerina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When I went to a Warwick open day the student who showed me round made fun of my accent and humilated me in from of all the other students. I want nothing more to do with them, ever!

I don't think I could really rank these unis without a subject.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1)warwick
2)manchester
3)sheffield
4)exeter
5)reading

lou xxx
charlord
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
warwick
exeter
nottingham
manchester
birmingham
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
for law

nottingham
manchester
warwick
birmingham
sheffield
Acid_Rain
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by babyballerina)
When I went to a Warwick open day the student who showed me round made fun of my accent and humilated me in from of all the other students. I want nothing more to do with them, ever!

I don't think I could really rank these unis without a subject.
Thats horrible I am seriously hoping the majority of Warwick students are not like that.
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acid_Rain)
Thats horrible I am seriously hoping the majority of Warwick students are not like that.
I'm sure the students are great, infact I know several people who are going, or who have already been to Warwick (one of them being my brother!!!) and they are all (with the exception of my brother) lovely people!!!
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Warwick
Manchester
Exeter
Birmingham
Sheffield
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by THE PROPHETOR!)
hey guys...

just purely out of interest which 5 universitys (below) would you choose to go to , in order of preference:

warwick
sheffield
exeter
nottingham
manchester
birmingham
leicester
reading

Thanks

jay
1)Sheffield
2)Manchester
3)Nottingham
4)Erm....
5)Erm.....
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
On a mixture of reputation and where I like...

Warwick
Nottingham
Manchester
Birmingham
Sheffield
LittleMinx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
I'm sure the students are great, infact I know several people who are going, or who have already been to Warwick (one of them being my brother!!!) and they are all (with the exception of my brother) lovely people!!!
Thank you.

amazingtrade - I think you're a bit quick to judge (or your sister is..) if you base your opinions after just a couple of hours spent at that place. Warwick has a very varied mixture of students and to **** them all off based on just one i think is a little unfair. Im sure the student in question didn't mean any harm by his/her comments and was just trying to be friendly, with the wrong results.
midnight
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1. manchester
2. sheffield
3. nottingham
4. birmingham
5.warwick

I live in Coventry and have been to warwick uni quite a lot, and all the people have always been friendly then. only problem is that it's not really near anywhere and it's in Cov.
amyitfc
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
how different can these lists get to each other? what is top in one is not even in others, so perhaps it would be best to say they are all ok and leave it at that?
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1)Warwick
2)Exeter
3)Manchester
4)Nottingham
5)Birmingham

Although realistically I probably wouldn't apply to manchester/ nottingham because of distance.
Mutsuhito
Report 15 years ago
warwick
sheffield
exeter
nottingham
manchester
birmingham
leicester
reading
jay
Warwick and Notts are probably the best overall, and then I'd say Manchester. It does depend a great deal on what you're looking to study, however, given the choice I'd stick to somewhere within the 3 I've mentioned.
Euler
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hey guys...

just purely out of interest which 5 universitys (below) would you choose to go to , in order of preference:

warwick
sheffield
exeter
nottingham
manchester
birmingham
leicester
reading

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Thanks

jay
(1) Warwick

the rest can be dumped in the bin
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1) Warwick
2) Nottingham

Then it's between Manchester, Birmingham and Exeter.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.79%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (56)
8.4%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (86)
12.89%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (80)
11.99%
Other reasons are stopping me going (86)
12.89%
Nothing is stopping me going (267)
40.03%

Watched Threads