No Warwick?
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
No Warwick?
No because i know nothing about Warwick; it doesn't have a geography course so i haven't researched it or anything, therefore i would not choose to go there
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
No because i know nothing about Warwick; it doesn't have a geography course so i haven't researched it or anything, therefore i would not choose to go there
Fair enough.
seana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1)warwick
2)notts
3)manchester
4)sheffield
5)bham
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cambridge
Oxford
LSE
Imperial
Warwick
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
Cambridge
Oxford
LSE
Imperial
Warwick
:rolleyes:
awaiting
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by integral_neo)
(1) Warwick

the rest can be dumped in the bin
spot on....haha just kiddin! they all really good for all different courses..
but warwick number one!
PuffDaddy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by THE PROPHETOR!)
hey guys...

just purely out of interest which 5 universitys (below) would you choose to go to , in order of preference:

warwick
sheffield
exeter
nottingham
manchester
birmingham
leicester
reading

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
Thanks

jay
1. Warwick
2. Nottingham
3. Manchester
4. Birmingham
5. Exeter
6. Sheffiel

Pretty obvious, isn't it?
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PuffDaddy)
Pretty obvious, isn't it?
Not if you want to study Geography.
maz_superstar
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
1)Manchester(Im biased,but it has got a good rep)
2)Exeter
3)Warwick
4)Reading
5)Nottingham
6)Birmingham
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
All those universities are probably equal despite what league tables may say. They all have advantages and disadvantages.
You just continue convincing yourself of that AT

For me:

1)Warwick (by far the best rep i reckon )...and also i really really liked the place!

2)Nottingham

3) I'd get a job ....seriously though altho the other unis mentioned have a few very good departments, the level is not always so high across all the subjects. The two above certainly stand out from the pack.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
You just continue convincing yourself of that AT

For me:

1)Warwick (by far the best rep i reckon )...and also i really really liked the place!

2)Nottingham

3) I'd get a job ....seriously though altho the other unis mentioned have a few very good departments, the level is not always so high across all the subjects. The two above certainly stand out from the pack.
I wouldn't say the above two completely stand out - all the other unis have brilliant reputations.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I wouldn't say the above two completely stand out - all the other unis have brilliant reputations.
Well they certainly stand out for me

Thinking about it though, if some students were going for a very competitive job (magic circle Law firm or IB perhaps?), I would have thought that the Warwick students are more likely to get interviewed than the Reading or Leicester students, ceteris paribus.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
Well they certainly stand out for me

Thinking about it though, if some students were going for a very competitive job (magic circle Law firm or IB perhaps?), I would have thought that the Warwick students are more likely to get interviewed than the Reading or Leicester students, ceteris paribus.
Maybe, but not necessarily the same for Manchester/Birmingham/Exeter, I would say Manchester has a similar or better reputation than Warwick for law.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Maybe, but not necessarily the same for Manchester/Birmingham/Exeter, I would say Manchester has a similar or better reputation than Warwick for law.
hmm I've always thought Warwick was better than Manchester for law....
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
At the moment I am considering applying to Warwick and Nottingham, but I think I may favour Warwick of the two. I need to do some open day stuff first though. I don't think id touch the others with a barge pole... Maybe Manchester if and only if I do Physics and cant get in anywhere else.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
At the moment I am considering applying to Warwick and Nottingham, but I think I may favour Warwick of the two. I need to do some open day stuff first though. I don't think id touch the others with a barge pole... Maybe Manchester if and only if I do Physics and cant get in anywhere else.
If you can't get in anywhere else you won't be able to get into Manchester unless you have AAB for physics.
btigershark
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would agree that there is more happening in Manchester than Nottingham, however I would have to disagree with the fact that the city is dull, although it is your opinion. And the campus is definetly great!!
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by btigershark)
I would agree that there is more happening in Manchester than Nottingham, however I would have to disagree with the fact that the city is dull, although it is your opinion. And the campus is definetly great!!
Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call the campus pokey... and the nightlife's supposed to be good. I'm sure it must be better than conventry.

That said, I'd love to go to Uni in Manchester, if I wasn't desperate for a change after living there for 18 years.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (42)
8.22%
Confident (66)
12.92%
Indifferent (73)
14.29%
Unsure (128)
25.05%
Worried (202)
39.53%

Watched Threads