Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I had an unconditional offer a few months ago for my chosen university. When I checked the Entry Requirements back then it said I just needed a GCSE in English Grade C, now I'm looking it's changed to English and Maths, minimum Grade C. I have a B in English but I have a D in maths, I'm guessing that's the entry requirements for people applying next year as they've changed them so late.

What happens now? Do they look at the entry requirements from before or now?? Surely they would have checked that I had a D in maths when they gave me an unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmasmith90)
    Ok so I had an unconditional offer a few months ago for my chosen university. When I checked the Entry Requirements back then it said I just needed a GCSE in English Grade C, now I'm looking it's changed to English and Maths, minimum Grade C. I have a B in English but I have a D in maths, I'm guessing that's the entry requirements for people applying next year as they've changed them so late.

What happens now? Do they look at the entry requirements from before or now?? Surely they would have checked that I had a D in maths when they gave me an unconditional offer.
    Judging from my brother's university application, they only seek validation (for GCSEs anyway) for those who receive an offer. So it's probable you may have to provide proof. However, you were given the offer before the entry requirements changed, and it was unconditional, so you may want to debate this with them. They were obviously considering changing the GCSE requirements at that point when they considered you, but still accepted anyway, despite the change in GCSE requirements.

You'll probably get in, though they may ask you to resit - who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Judging from my brother's university application, they only seek validation (for GCSEs anyway) for those who receive an offer. So it's probable you may have to provide proof. However, you were given the offer before the entry requirements changed, and it was unconditional, so you may want to debate this with them. They were obviously considering changing the GCSE requirements at that point when they considered you, but still accepted anyway, despite the change in GCSE requirements.

You'll probably get in, though they may ask you to resit - who knows.
    The entry requirements have only recently changed, so I'm hoping its for people applying for next year as they've updated the new UCAS system grades too
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Emmasmith90)

Those are 2017 requirements. You have an unconditional offer for 2016.

That said they may well ask for your exam certificates anyway. Nothing to do with changing the requirements, simply to confirm you already have what you say you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Those are 2017 requirements. You have an unconditional offer for 2016.

That said they may well ask for your exam certificates anyway. Nothing to do with changing the requirements, simply to confirm you already have what you say you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you that's what I thought, I was just stressing so needed someone to clear that up for me.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.